2012 VRA East Coast Challenge

Started by alfagtv58, October 21, 2011, 09:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Any Victorians considering running in the additional Super TT category rather than the VRA category at this race meeting? If any of you are likely to go down this path could you punch out a quick reply so I can make a decision on which way to go with the Giulietta. I'm keen to come down to Winton but would have to make considerable changes to the car to run with the VRA boys. Not too keen on a 3000km round trip to race against a pack of Commodores and Falcons though. If we can get a dozen or so Alfas interested it could be a great weekend's racing.

Cheers,

Brent

MarcusG

1983 Alfetta Migliorata - 75 TS running gear
1986 90 Super - 3litre V6
1981 GTV - Sports Sedan Race Car
1964 Guila Ti Super Replica Race car - Building it
1975 Alfetta sedan series I - Restoring it
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2
1997 155 wide body TS - looking after it for my Sis

Darryl

Not a great response there Brent...
Was planning to go down to spectate/take a few photos - a decent mixed grid in super TT would be interesting from the sidelines, never mind on-track.

It would be a pity if there isn't a good contingent from Qld (or anywhere else - I'd just like to see a decent turnout) due to the VRA category rules.

Enforcer

I don't think the entry forms are out yet... it's not 'til September.

I heard Super TT had about 40+ cars at Wakefield a couple of weeks back it's very popular.

Looks like we will have 20+ at Eastern Creek next weekend and will probably be the biggest single marque category with 3 cars down from Queensland and two up from Vic.

Things are looking good for Winton.
73 Nc 2000 GTV
77 GTV Race
76 Gp C A'Delta GTAm 3 x HF 1000
68 GTV
76 GTAm
12 Giulietta QV Race
74 2L Berlina A
75 GTV
75 Spider
85 GTV6
89/75 TS x 3
70 Fairlane
72 Lotus Europa
74 F350 Pano
76 HX S'man
80 Volvo 240 Rally
12 159 Q4
2020 Stelvio (Hers)
2019 Colorado (Mulo)
07 Iveco transporter

Neil Choi

In preparation for the 2012 VRA East Coast Challenge in September 29/30 at Winton.

Would all the Victorian members/racers who are interested please get in touch with Phil Baskett or myself to register so we can gauge numbers.

Plan your preparation of your car now so it is eligible and get any licensing done now. 

Any eligibility enquiries should be directed to Bill Magoffin, Steve Smith or Phil Baskett (as I know nothing but a keyboard hero).

Phil and I would like to get the Vic numbers up to put up a good showing to the VRA.  Winton is our home track.

Looking forward to your emails.

Neil

alfagtv58

Lots of emails and phone conversations recently about this event.  The excitement is building and it looks like we could have a bumper field with a good showing from Victorians so far (hopefully some of the 'yeah probably' will turn into entries).  I should think about booking my accommodation!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

I have just entered via Winton's new online system.  Simple and easy, just like me.
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfa duk

Phil, I'm onto it online style and in the payment section, it asks for carport or garage. What are we doing so we can be grouped together?. Hopefully the enforcer will chime in to direct us.
Did i read somewhere that the vehicle accommodation was included in the entry fee?
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

alfagtv58

It's a good question Duk, and a couple have asked already!  I seem to remember there was some conversation a while ago with Winton about options, I'm not sure where that ended up but I have already asked the question.  I will post here once I find out.
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfa duk

Car accommodation has been sorted on the short track, carports included in the $260 entry fee, well done Tony Harriot. Get in quick as a 3rd of the grid has already been snapped up.
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

alfagtv58

bump

Grid is filling up, we need more Victorians though.
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfa duk

With just over 2 weeks till the biggest alfa only race of the year ; now is the time to get that entry in. Since the last entry list, i know of at least 10 others that are dragging their ass, so dont miss out. At last weekends concorso the banter had started already with the 2 litre boys talking about how they are going to carve me up! :o; Looking forward too it, cant wait
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

alfagtv58

Event is coming up, entries are closing soon. MORE VIC'S NEEDED!  At this stage there may be more Banana benders than Mexicans competing....and in our own backyard.

Enter now, you won't regret it!
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfa duk

Gents, with  just over a week to go, i am really getting excited, not sure how many will be there but if it is 20, thats more than enough to keep you busy on the track and my mail is that it is closer to 30. I will be there with the official VRA merchandise and some commemorative t shirts to mark the event. I will take some in car  video and be lurking around the pits with the camera so be prepared drivers for an impromptu  interview.
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s