159 JTD Diesel particulate filter problem

Started by Robin brown, October 19, 2011, 11:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasey25

Quote from: Potsie on April 20, 2015, 02:46:55 PM
old topic I know, but following on from last Friday's technical night at Alfa Men it's clear that Matt at Alfa Men has the solution to the problem. Link to the 'Alfa Men' website in the sponsors listing on the main page.

I think their website is down. I couldn't get on it yesterday either
Current:
1969 Lancia Fulvia 1.3s Coupe
1967 Lancia Fulvia Berlina GT
2017 Abarth 595 Competizione
1991 Alfa SZ #440
1967 Fiat 850
1966 Fiat 850
1969 Giulia Super
1989 Alfa 75 Twin Spark

Past:
1967 Lancia Fulvia Berlina GT
2005 147 GTA Monza Sele 59/100
2001 156 Monza Sele 2.0TS
2010 159 TI 2.4 SW

As the day goes

Alfa156Melb1

I told him today, he wasn't aware.. should be sorted soon.

sidmann

yes it can be done, i've done it on my 1.9 jtd. blank the egr, remove the dpf and fitted replacement pipe from uk (genuine alfa part number) purchased the programmer/flasher. download my ecu map file and sent it of to a tuner in the uk to remove the egr and dpf from the system so there is no relating fault codes showing. also had a mild performance remap tune and flashed it back to the ecu.

The car has never ran better. I also recommend cleaning out the throttle plate and inlet manifold after doing this as the soot still remain.
BG diesel induction system cleaner may also help if you don't want to physically remove the inlet manifold.

shuly159

hi

can a clogged up dpf can cause a valve damage in cy no5 ?
if the regeneration process run into a well clogged DPF.

i have a 159 2008 2.4 JDTM with broken valves in cy no5 after a DPF light turned on and the driver kept driving the car until it stoped completely.

any info or direction

meir   

Balmaino

Anyone still monitoring this thread: Coco Eurotech - ETP Solutions Australia based in Victoria can assist with DPF problems, egr problems and ECU mapping and 'Resolve' the DPF completely

Winno

Bayside Performance Services (BPS) in Brisbane do the same.
I "modified"  8) my EGR and DPF system and BPS did the remap.

The car really shoves now and I have had absolutely none of the issues normally associated with diesels and poorly implemented emissions controls since BPS did their thing.

I also run a small, baffled oil catch can and a K&N pod filter in the standard box with cold air ducting from a "factory look" trumpet mounted right behind where the driver's side fog light used to sit.