6hr video...

Started by jimnielsen, October 17, 2011, 06:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimnielsen

A brief video of Mick Aarons making me forget it was a regularity event - and making me bust my time !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGhHm6T7ko
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Ray Pignataro

Nice bit of driving boys. What a grouse event it was like a six hour sprint loved it

jimnielsen

That is truly awesome mick - It looks 250% more exciting from your seat - what with all the amazing noise that your car makes! You were a bit unlucky to hit that GTV - I was right behind, watching it unfold and I didn't even realize that you guys had come into contact. Still, its just a 'flesh wound' ...
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

aggie57

100% agree with Jim - your car sounds great.  Love that you didnt even lift off!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

lightyear

Great day. I have footage from 11.30 to 12.30am. If anyone wants me to post any video of there car let me know your car and number.
This is a quick edit from sunday,i was in a silver mx5 (they all look the same i know).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKYAu46BRv8

Jekyll and Hyde

A very small part of my second session, did a test run before I make a longer video.  Figured I'd put it up, since Choderboy hasn't got round to uploading the evidence of Steve's dirty tactics!

Frank Musco

Grouse videos.

Always a pleasure to be passed by you Mick. I could tell you were having heaps of fun. Bad luck with the touch, I would of driven around the same as you.

Jim, I know what you mean about busting your time, when ever I get passed by someone it generally ends up that way.

Jekyll and Hyde

Here's 15 minutes from near the end of my afternoon session.  Untidy and full of mistakes through the middle part of the video, then in the last few laps I managed to refocus and smooth it all back out a bit.  One or two regular forum members pop up in this one.

Neil Choi

Father/son moment on the track then spoilt by a fast white GTV

Victor Lee

Here's our little contribution ...

That white GTV6 makes an appearance again!   ;)

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Neil Choi

Quote from: Victor Lee on October 20, 2011, 09:21:17 AM
Here's our little contribution ...

Good O and good vision.  Victor, I was just going to say how smooth your driving was then I noticed it was Mary, and then saw the second half of the vision!!!!!!!!!!

silverra23

Choderboy you are every where.. you make an appearance in my video too!

I was in the little black Daihatsu Charade

Someone in the alfa club will find the footage at about the 4min 30 mark interesting too.. I think its one of your junior team having a spin :)

alfagtv58

Quote from: Choderboy on October 20, 2011, 10:36:49 AM
I'm everywhere Victor, everywhere.

:)

Checks Chodeboys laps to see if he falls under 40% rule :D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

silverra23

Quote from: Choderboy on October 21, 2011, 10:03:10 AM
Haha.

What is your camera and how is it mounted? It seems to move around a-lot!

Camera is a $150 aldi helmet cam special from a few years ago.. mounted on the headrest of the passenger seat.

The seat vibrates and so the camera vibrates.. and the headrest poles that slide into the seat rattle and that is the annoying noise you hear.

It's desperately due for an upgrade.. but there are always more "go fast" bits I would prefer to spend my money on first!

Neil Choi

Quote from: silverra23 on October 21, 2011, 09:45:08 AM
Someone in the alfa club will find the footage at about the 4min 30 mark interesting too.. I think its one of your junior team having a spin :)

No, not a junior member, they are better drivers than that!!!!!

They do more silly things like break 40% of their laps.

But great spin.......  wakes you up doesn't it.