-

Started by Mick A, August 08, 2011, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimnielsen

Yes, I believe it because unfortunately I was there to see it! - is that silver 147 the one that was beating us all in the wet in Group 2?

jim~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

aggie57

Quote from: jimnielsen on August 11, 2011, 07:30:58 AM
Yes, I believe it because unfortunately I was there to see it! - is that silver 147 the one that was beating us all in the wet in Group 2?

jim~

That would be Neville from Tasmania.  Small matter of 40 years experience, driving the course car in Targa Tas, and some minor car mods like sway bars and sticky rubber.  I was out with him on Saturday.  Not the smoothest or the best lines but potential in buckets.  Not surprised he would be able to pass people easily in the wet.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

ChrisGTA

Quote from: Choderboy on August 11, 2011, 07:36:05 AM
I've got some video of Mr. Truskett out-braking me into the Esses. I'll try find it, it's actually embarrassing.....
The look on your face afterwards was priceless..  ;) I'm very happy with that rubber as a road/track compromise - now on my second set. They were a great suggestion by Bruno.

Some more photos:

ChrisGTA

More...

Frank Musco

Grouse photos Chris,

Love the photo of my daughter Vanessa and I at driver training in the soaking rain, 'PRICELESS'. We will treasure that for many years to come. I will print off a copy and it's going straight to the pool room.

You got my brother a beauty, not sure what he's trying, but he looks nice and relaxed, must be the drifting line!

Thanks Chris.

aggie57

So Chris, pardon my ignorance but I take it Neville is your Dad and he was driving your car on Saturday? 
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

ChrisGTA

Hi Alister - yes, Dad had my GTA on Saturday and we double entered on Sunday. Having got me into Alfas (genetics?) and after years of borrowing his Alfas the least I could do was give him a spin with mine! He thoroughly enjoyed the weekend - no word yet on whether he will now upgrade his 2l to a V6...

Chodes - I didn't get any of you on Sunday but here is one from Saturday... facepalming? ;)

Frank - you're welcome - it was great to see her progress over the day. Will email you hi-res.

Frank Musco

Oh man, a photo of me an Joe, another for the pool room!

Thanks heaps Chris, we love it.

bix

Great photos Chris. Did you happen to get one of a crappy silver 156 that was there on Saturday?

Miss Alfa Sprint

Awesome pics Chris!  ;)

I am still sorting through all mine  :P
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: paul edwards on August 13, 2011, 08:58:40 PM
G'day Marisa,

Looking forward to your photos, l only took two all day, pretty slack really. The memory card was full and l was about to get back onto the track so l couldn't be bothered making some room on the card.

The wet weather certainly provided some great opportunities to get some awesome shots, it's funny how the water adds to the action, makes the shots look more dramatic.

Cheers Paul

Unfortunatly in my case the water added to my lens very quicky and i got alot of out of focus shots, which i am not too happy about, but i still managed to get some good shots, just not as much as i usually do  :-[

Miss Alfa Sprint

Ok guys just finished uploading all the photos form last week upto my website

http://www.marisagangemi.com/gallery3/index.php/Motorsport

I know some of you are keen on purchasing the file for desktop backgrounds etc. I will have that option happening soon so stay tuned  ;)

For now browse through and let me know what you think, i really appreciate feedback  :)

Cheers

Marisa