Scouts SA ARC last weekend
Brett Baldwin driving a Datsun 240K
Say no more... just watch

Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

Evan Bottcher

I watched that with my hands over my eyes.  I hate knowing what's coming.  Ouch.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

dehne

that hurt just watching, i hope they were ok
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

alfagtv58

Oh thank god....when i saw a post from redalfaracing with the title '120kph to zero in 2 feet' i assumed it was you in your car.  I mean, shame for the other guy in a Datsun and all, hope they were ok, didnt look good though.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Youtube comments indicate that the driver and navigator were okay.  Says so right there on tha internet.  Probably a bit ginger though  :-[
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

MD

The trees that jump right out in front of you and no grip on dirt roads is precisely why I would make a chicken shit rally driver..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

pancho

Just watched that, a pretty violent stop to say the least. I think to rally in an old car you'd really have to have balls of steel. Judging the steerign wheel input he must have been driving on marbles. Hopefully the guys are ok.

Davidm1600

Yeooch that looked like a hard hit head on.  Never good.  Yep reckon rallying in an old car is most definitely challenging, but I guess that to many is also where the appeal lays. Again it also shows the importance of having the best safety gear, (rollcage, harness, seats etc) you can install.   Reckon the guys in the car would have been a little shaken by that one, but hopefully no long term issues.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

redalfaracing

Yes the driver and nav are sort of ok. Nav has very sore ankle and now hobbles a bit, driver has a broken coccyx, i guess that makes you hobble as well???
You can see in the video that the car is starting to go in sideways, notice how he squares it up and goes in front on, nothing worse than a tree coming in the door!!!
Also notice complete silence after impact, i know from experience, after a sudden stop like that, the wind gets knocked out of you. took me quite a few minutes to get enough breath to be able to talk.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

dfrye

Why was he hacking away at the wheel the whole run?

//dean