CAMS sets path for future change

Started by alfagtv58, September 14, 2007, 08:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

My 2c worth....CAMS should be applauded for putting themselves in the room of mirrors and recognising the need for change.  I also like this line "and to do what they believed CAMS existed for – which was to bring the fun and excitement of motoring to the people."

CAMS sets path for future change
CAMS Media Release
13 Sep 2007

The CAMS Board, Management, a range of Staff and State, Commission/Committee representatives have returned from a two day offsite workshop – the aim of which was to take time out to set the strategy and direction for CAMS over the next five years.

It was a challenging yet hugely rewarding couple of days in which the team looked at the current state of CAMS and then planned the future direction and next steps. The team listened to the results from a substantial body of research into how stakeholders and members see CAMS.

From this information – which highlighted some crucial areas for improvement – the team made some powerful decisions which included:

The critical evaluation and restructuring of the leadership within CAMS – starting at the Board level and working downwards;

A renewed focus for CAMS which moved beyond regulation and extended to representing motor enthusiasts;

A redefined role for CAMS which will now more explicitly include being a facilitator for a wide array of avenues of motor sport and also motor enthusiasts;

A clear strategy of shifting and improving the brand of CAMS and communication within both the motoring and the wider community in general.
The team did a fantastic job at facing up to the current challenges, acknowledging both the successes and failures of the past and in committing to a new direction. The outcomes clearly demonstrate that CAMS has listened and is willing to act to rectify the identified deficiencies and deliver a new revitalised product and service to its members and the community.

The team walked away with an "anxious excitement" about implementing some real and ground breaking change. The change was driven by the desire to make CAMS a true and respected peak body for motoring in Australia and to do what they believed CAMS existed for – which was to bring the fun and excitement of motoring to the people.

This new strategic direction and renewed focus for CAMS is the basis upon which the Organisational Review will be undertaken by Ernst & Young, who have already commenced this review. This is an exciting period for CAMS and we should all strive toward the target set by the Board for implementing and launching the new refreshed organisation by December 2008, which coincides with the end of the organisation's 55th year.

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

i just worry that they may try and be too much to too many - i want a an organisation focused on effectively and efficiently running "participation motorsport" not running off and trying to be the next RACV.......i want a regulator, administrator and insurer of participative motorsport - let's face it the clubs are their constituency - they should be providing services to us.....i'm glad they have had a look at themselves but i don't want cams to be a "peak motoring body" - i want them to be an excellent motorsport administrator focused on providing services to the clubs that they represent......
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

I couldnt agree more, but dont forget it's not just Motorsport CAMS insures us for , it things like Spettacolo, morning runs et al.  As long as they have some "movement" in their 5 year plan if something clearly isnt working.....and the best way to find that out, I guess, is feedback from club's like us.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

yeah, i agree - i think they should cover things like emr's and spetacolo - they are services to clubs - i just don't want them losing focus on what their core business is - all forms of participation motorsport/club activities.

eg - they should be so focused on new race circuits right now - it should just about be their number one priority - i'm not sure that it is.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)