and for the 2 wheeler
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

Sorry Cool Jesus, I gotta call Fail on two of your posts.

Quote from: Cool Jesus on January 16, 2012, 09:27:04 PM
WTF :o
487bhp twin v6 GTV
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/03/dutch-man-builds-alfa-romeo-gtv.html

This car is brilliant, a stock looking GTV, with double the horsepower, and AWD.  An elegant use of engineering, and in keeping with Alfa tradition.  And not in keeping with this thread.

Quote from: Cool Jesus on January 16, 2012, 09:44:49 PM
50/50 on this one. A tad too much for my taste, but nice try...  ::)

I'm actually hoping you're being sarcastic with this one.  But if not, here's a history lesson for you...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giocattolo

The others you posted though, are wonderfully crap; keep it up!

Cool Jesus

Sheldon, the twin V6 is amazing I agree. The 'WTF' was sheer awe at the creation. Perhaps I got carried away with what I was finding online - 54 channels with nothing to watch! I did hesitate at placing it on this thread, yeah point taken.
Still not sold on the goicattolo though.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

UNICO

I agree with Sheldon, I like the giocattolo.

massiveluvbuddy67

Ooohhh, a Giocatollo! I would have one o :of the 13 any day. YES PLEASE!

Quote from: Cool Jesus on January 16, 2012, 09:44:49 PM
50/50 on this one. A tad too much for my taste, but nice try...  ::)

Cool Jesus

Sheldon, I've done my research assignment on the Giocattolo and I do apologise ... its an absolute beastie with the v8 and I found better photos of it now that I know what it is. I still don't like his finned scoops on the bonnet though. Sorry if I offended any fans, I was posting along the lines of unusual mods to Alfas. I seem to recall footage as a young bloke of that terrible crash, too young to realise (or care) what type of car it was.

For those uneducated as I was, here's a video as part of my assignment sir...

Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Evan Bottcher

I think the styling of the giocc..giocata...bloody toy... is a bit over the top too.  Great history though.  I just wish the factory had decided to build the Sprint 6C themselves.  I think this design was much more tasteful and desirable.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

MD

..drool, slobber (wipe gravel rash off chin)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

colcol

And when Paul Halsted the man behind the Giacattolo, he was originally going to have an Alfa V-6 in the tail, but by the time he bribed everyone to make it happen, it was much cheaper to have a Walkinshaw group A 4.9 litre Holden motor, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

L4OMEO

Quote from: MD on January 17, 2012, 08:55:54 PM
..drool, slobber (wipe gravel rash off chin)

Are those the sounds of your next project taking shape MD?

;D
2002 156 GTA

Davidm1600

x what  ever re the Giocottolo.  The engineering that went into these cars was superb.  Re the Sprint 6C, there was a guy over in the UK, I seem to recall, who made his own. The bodywork wasn't fantastic quality but the overall package apparently was quite a weapon.  I think there is a video of it on youtube or somewhere floating around.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

MD

L4OMEO

Man, you have more insight than a cockroach peephole at the ladies showers in a nudist colony !!  ;D

You may recall I purchased a Sud Sprint and stripped it down for a future project.(all inspired by Frank  :)) It was intended to be built up as my final crack at building race cars and I wanted it to be unique in Oz club motor sport.

The whole thing went pear shape a few months ago when my health decided I can't do what I used to. I gave away the excellent Sprint shell to a fellow racer from the Gold Coast and abandoned the idea with much grief that an important aspect of my life is ending.

However to answer your question of whether is was going to be a 6C replica, the answer is no.

Having said that, if there is a Queenslander out there who is a serious Alfa motor sport enthusiast and wants to do the project, I would be happy to provide co-ordination services for free just to see it come to fruition.

So what is it? I'm not telling you just yet. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

colcol

The guy who did a lot of the engineering work on the Giacattolo was a ex McClaren draughsman, so he was no wally, it was hardly some bloke cobbling together in his shed, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Frank Musco

I love these kind of threads. Occasionally I feel queasy, although I appreciate how much work it takes to completely modify a car and it doesn't always turn out they way it was intended to.

The GTV ute is freaken awesome. I can see myself towing my sprint to race meetings with something like that, and when the sprint breaks, I'd put the ute quickly through scrutineering!! The panel work on the Brera is also pretty freaky, but not for me.

The Giocattallo/6C is always on my mind. I quite like the fat look of these cars compared to the original, and even though I fell into being a Holden person, I don't like the big heavy v8, my thoughts were to somehow fit the Alfa transaxle directly to the back of a 24V Alfa V6 and put that in the back. Although that will have to wait, as I'm trying to piss off my Fiat mates by putting the late 33 running gear in the back of an X-1/9/Dallara.  :D   If I had some help it might look like a Diva.  ;)

Davidm1600

Now that is pretty wicked Frank.  I seem to recall but am possibly wrong, that someone installed a V6 Alfa motor into an X1/9.  If correct, would that make it a mini Stratos ??
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina