Introduce yourself

Started by McAnnik, June 08, 2011, 04:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

Greetings fellow Alfisti, Hi my name is Ian, I own a '74 GTJ my first Alfa but not my first Italian car, I have owned several Fiats of all types and a superb Lancia Aurelia B20 over the years.Istill have a vintage Delage but that doesn't count coz thats French. My working life has been spent in the sports car maintenance and repair industry covering all makes and models from Alfa To Zeta. The majority of my labours were concentrated on Porsche for many years covering the very early 356 series to the mid eighties 911 and 928's. During that time a surprising  amount of Alfa came through the doors as trade ins and those cars were refurbished as necessary before being sold on [as was Volvo P1800, Mercedes 190 and 230/250 and other unmentionables] hence my expertese gained momentum as i self graduated to higher levels.Yes, I did own a couple of 356's and a 911 but after having worked on and driven many Alfa I always thought I would like to own one as the cars certainly have a different feel to them and what engineer could resist that gorgeous alloy twin cam engine and magnificent 5 speed box   so I have now got mine, a nice car but of course needing some TLC.As time permits I will bring the car up to a respectable level of tidyness and go out to some remote mountain passes and enjoy the fruits of my labours.Having spent a bit more than fifty years working on some of the finest machinery available,now at seventy years of age I reserve the right to sign myself   McAnnik.....

John Hanslow

Welcome and well done.  Look forward to seeing you on a drive - our club Early Morning Runs - thankfully not that early !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata