Easter 2012 - 105 Series 50th Anniversary Tour of Tasmania - NOW CONFIRMED

Started by Mark Baigent, June 06, 2011, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Baigent

The Easter 2012 - 105 Series 50th Anniversary Tour of Tasmania is NOW CONFIRMED.

The AROCA Forum will become the internet home for the event under this new heading of National Events.
(thank you Victor Lee and Webmaster Brad Marshall)

WHAT ARE THE DATES OF THE TOUR ?
Thurs 5th - Tues 10th April (inclusive) 2012.

AT WHAT STAGE IS THE ORGANISATION ?
Fifty car spaces have been reserved on the ship from Melbourne to Tassi, a breathtaking tour route has been decided, the Tasmania based organising committee has met formally for the second time, Government sponsorship has been applied for, accommodation options are being finalised, the tour mechanic has been confirmed (well we had to organise that one early didn't we!), the promotional artwork is underway, the media advisor has been appointed and now all we need is YOU !

HOW DO I REGISTER ?
Our Expression of Interest Form will be released soon and we trust there will be a strong and prompt response so we can better anticipate attendance numbers and confirm booking requirements.

WHAT ARE THE CONTACT DETAILS ?
The event email address will be tassie2012@alfaclub.org.au for that crucial information you can't find on the Forum, otherwise the Forum will be your primary information and communication location.

WHAT WILL IT COST ?
We're working that out now ... there's still a lot to consider but once we have a general idea of likely participation numbers, final accommodation options and final meal bookings we'll let you know. We'll be providing for all budget options. Hoping the price ranges will be out within a month.

DO I HAVE TO DRIVE A 105 ?
No - this is a celebration tour - if you drive an Alfa Romeo we'd love you to come - however if you drive a 105 series you'll get all the media attention !!. 

WHAT'S THE FOCUS OF THE TOUR ?
Celebration of the iconic 105 series Alfa Romeo through ....
the driving of great roads through spectacular scenery at a relaxed pace....
the enjoyment of fine food, wine, and accommodation at reasonable prices.....
and the sharing of camaraderie and memories you'll remember forever..... 

Watch this space ...

Mark Baigent
Chairman
105 series 50th Anniversary Celebration Tour
on behalf of the Organising Committee
(David Mitchell; Kim Briggs; Alfio Rossetto; Angelo Di Tommaso; Ennio Toscan; Luigi Spangaro; Mark Wheatley; Tony DiGiammarino)
AROCA Vic contact - Victor Lee   

massiveluvbuddy67

Well done to you and the organising team Mark.
I am confident of acquiring a "leave pass" and coming back to the beautiful Tasmania again. Only been once, in 2004, did tour in a black 1967 911S with a geat friend of mine. Lots of thumbs up from locals.
I sold that magical car for a song when I moved overseas in 2005. Regrets!
Acquired one speeding ticket ONLY and the photo by the Tassy Speeding Ticket company is now framed. It was a great photo. Tremendous resolution!
Any chance of a stop over at the wineries in the Bay of Fires? I will keep the boot empty!

Mark Baigent

Thanks Phil, Great to hear a leave pass may be granted - we're hoping at least 105 more may also be granted and that we get a great roll up for the Tour. I've lived in Tassie 5 years now and have yet to see a Speed Gun or Radar on any of the drives I enjoy regularly around the State - what bad luck your beautiful 911 found one - but then again that photo in high resolution would have to have been worth it !! Several wineries are planned though not Bay of Fires in the short time we have - Tassie is too big to fit it all in believe it or not, so we've had to make some sacrifices in the interest of driving diversity. The East Coast can become quite monotonous unfortunately ... I'm sure you'll enjoy our other options !