New car fun

Started by Colin Byrne, August 28, 2007, 09:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

Here's a couple of snaps of my new car, There where only two small problems with it when I got it, a leaking brake master cylinder and a leaking water pump.  Pulled the master cylinder off on Saterday and the bore looked really good so got just got some new seals and got a water pump from turin a couple of days before.  Simple, just rip of the old water pump, slap on the new one and bleed the brakes and I'd have a nice little alfa to drive to work on sunny days.  Huh! nothing is ever that easy!  While I was undoing the water pump nuts, noticed that one of the nuts was infact a bolt, and of course it had to be one of the two that goes though the timing chain cover into the block.  So of course it sheared off, long story short the engine came out on Sunday so I could take the front cover off so I could drill the bolt out.  Now all I've got to do is heli-coil the hole, find a front cover gasket and a new o'ring, find a new stud, clean everything, put the engine back in and I'll be back where I was last Saturday morning!!!!!.
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

Looks good Colin, where did you find it?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Colin Byrne

It was floating around on e-bay, was up one week, then got taken down then got put up again.  It was close to work so i went and had a look at it and had to get it, apart from a hole in the passenger side floor and some holes under the front bumber it's pretty much rust and bog free.  I'm going to start by fixing up the interior, which is already in reasonable nick and then eventually paint it, but not for a while.
   One odd thing is the drivers seat back rest has been removed and replaced with a 1750 series two backrest, same colour so I didn't notice when I got it but now I know it's their it's really annoying me, so if anyone has any 2L seats lying around let me know.

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Gary Pearce

Colin, I have got a selection of 105 2ltr front seats. Choice of black or tan. They need re-covering though. "free' for you coz I am looking for some credits from you for my cage later this year.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Colin Byrne

Sounds good gary!

Got a replacement stud from bruno and helicolied the hole last night, went to put the stud in and it wouldn't go in! thought i must have buggered the helicoil, but it was fine, then realised the old stud and the helicoil was m6 and the new one was an m7! i mean who uses an m7! so still on the look out for a stud, might have to buy a long bolt and put a thread on the other end

alfagtv58

M7 ??? ??? ??? How bizzare!  I have never used it before, but if you consult any of the tapping charts or Zues book etc, its there....go figure!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Doug Gould

There are actually a few M7 bolts used by Alfa. My GTV6 has one somewhere that caused me an issue. Whatever it was that I needed I got from the local bolt shop. Apparaemt Renault use M7 a fair bit.

Doug Gould
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle