THE WORLD'S BEST GIULIA 1300 SUPER ?? - NOW SOLD ! - NOW FOR SALE AGAIN !!

Started by Mark Baigent, May 25, 2011, 09:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Baigent

The Giulia Super is still for sale, but with strong interest now being shown ... I can be contacted directly via this Forum or 0416 155 105

Mark Baigent

More details of the Giulia Super - hope these help Paul with original specifications for the restorers in our midst. More coming soon ....

shane wescott

Lovely car.

Obvioulsy be careful with the overseas offers, there is heaps of evidence of overseas scammers hitting car sellers in this country via carsales.com.au and other sites.

I too hope it stays with us.

CAtch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Mark Baigent

5 offers to date but only 2 gave me assurance of appropriate stewardship, and 1 exceptional stewardship, however the Giulia is still for sale.
Would welcome your referrals ! Price negotiable around $30k.

Mark Baigent

NOW SOLD AND DELIVERED to Melbourne .... 

Mark Baigent

Thank you sincerely to all interested parties. The response was amazing. Seven offers - best offer with the money in hand was a Victorian classic car enthusiast. Trust this beautiful car for which I have had the honour of stewardship, will find it's way to a Spettacolo. It's certainly already been committed to return to Tasmania for 'Turismo Tasmania 2012'.   

GTV-074

Hey Great news Mark....on 2 fronts..

A sale has been made and for purely selfish reasons its coming to Vic  ;D

Well done to both parties!

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

EZEE

Davidm1600

Well spotted Pep. Would suggest it appears likely to have been flipped.  Good luck to the seller but $38K for a 1300 super, sounds a little optimistic to me.  Not too sure either about the comments in the add re the suggested donner costing $5k plus $25K to restore the body $5K for interior etc. 

From my experience to date, such estimates are way over the top !!

Nice Giulia though.  I would suggest that Mark if he notices this is probably in the best place to comment as the previous owner, if it is his old car.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Mark Baigent

Yes the car was sold to a Melbourne buyer four weeks ago though I note the ad has just been pulled down and put up again 24 hrs later !!??.
I'm certainly disappointed that the car is to be "flipped" as DavidM notes. One always tries to ensure such cars will be passionately cared for.
No one would consider offers above $30,000 in the 3 mths I had it up for sale, so best of British luck to the current owner if he gets $38,000.
Despite its breathtaking condition and provenance the comment I regularly received during the sale process was...  "pity it's a 1300 and not a 1600" !
That seemed to be the sticking point for most potential buyers !
A great shame really - 1300's are still amazing engines and will cruise at 160klm effortlessly.
Here's hoping, (again), it will go to someone who understands what a truly rare, significant and original car this is.

bteoh

That's a real shame that the car hasn't gone to an alfisti that will ensure it's proper stewardship. Anyway, hopefully someone will care for it as well as Mark has. :)

f1worldchamp

So is any of this actually true:
This car lived in an inland country town and was only used as a Sunday occasional driver by a slightly eccentric engineer who kept it in his garage under covers.

Mark, are you the 'eccentric engineer'?
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

Mark Baigent

Yes 'F1WorldChamp' - everything in the ad about the car is absolutely true. The car was owned for 32 yrs by its original Wagga Wagga owner who was indeed an engineer. It was literally driven on fine days for the simple pleasure of doing so. If a genuine Alfa enthusiast who treasures his car can be called "slightly eccentric" then I guess the original owner would happily wear the title, as would most of us !

As for me - I'm just a slightly conservative CEO who has a passion for pristine low klm examples of various Alfa models and who genuinely cares (as does bteoh) about the custodianship of special examples. This Giulia Super is one such example.

Although I'm not the seller of the car this time around, I can still assure you, you won't find a better one in your lifetime !