THE WORLD'S BEST GIULIA 1300 SUPER ?? - NOW SOLD ! - NOW FOR SALE AGAIN !!

Started by Mark Baigent, May 25, 2011, 09:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Baigent

Though I can hardly believe I am doing this, I am because of a very unique opportunity ahead of me, placing my beloved 1972 Giulia 1300 Super up for sale.

This is a one off, never to be found again, Giulia which still presents as though it was delivered from the factory yesterday. With just 25,000 original miles (not 125,000) it is believed to be the lowest mileage road registered Giulia Super in the southern hemisphere and possibly the world. It has NEVER been restored or 'touched up'.

It has no rust (zero), is dent, scratch, and blemish free. The Hawthorne White paintwork and Black Tex interior is completely original and pristine, as is the underbody and engine bay. It has NO oil leaks. The original spare Pirelli tyre is still in the boot. It has its original bill of sale, original registration certificate, all original books and complete service history from new and has been garaged its entire life. Though nurtured the car has been driven enthusiastically as it should be and the engine and drive train are magnificent.

This car was manufactured in Milan Italy, on 30th July 1971 and sold on 4th August 1971 to Alfa Romeo Australia and then sold via Ray Gulson Motors, Fyshwick, Canberra, through their Alfa Romeo Wagga agent Neil Chapman Motors (also a Fiat dealer and now closed) to a Wagga resident who took delivery of the car on the 14th January 1972.

For those of you fortunate enough to have driven these cars new, I can assure you this car drives and handles EXACTLY as they did then ! In both its previous ownership and my ownership it has wanted for nothing in terms of servicing and maintenance. Your inspection will assure you unequivocally, that this car is pristine and a genuine low mileage original.  

Serious enquiries only please - price is negotiable around $30k.

Thank you.
Mark Baigent
Member Italian Car Enthusiasts of Tasmania
Chairman - '105' 50th Anniversary Celebration Tour Committee 2012  
Past President of AROCA Qld

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi Mark,

Could you post some more photos please?

Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Datso

Mark Baigent

The pictures speak for themselves ... happy to email a good range of photos to serious buyers.

aggie57

Lovely car Mark - I hope you find the right home for it.  Far too often cars like that get sold to people who don't really appreciate them and then deteriorate.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

massiveluvbuddy67

A rare care in a unique condition. I hope it sells to Victoria and we get to see it at Spetacollo. It will surely win the concourse.
Best Regards
Phil

Mark Baigent

Thanks Phil, Aggie57,

Inquiries from four states and one overseas thus far. All appear genuine Alfisti and equally passionate about Giulias.
It's certainly an extraordinary car and would be a outstanding addition to any Alfa enthusiast's garage ....

GTV-074

Mark,

Looks & sounds like a lovely car. Having done so low miles and the condition it is in, its truly a rare car.

It would be nice if you could post some more pics that way anyone now (or in the future) can see what type of finishes, plating, position etc etc.

of parts on their restoration project. Untouched cars like yours are rare so they make a great reference point for anyone doing any kind of restoration on their car.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Mark Baigent

Thanks Paul and will do with the pics ... here's hoping for a fine Launceston winter day on the weekend so I can find a nice location and take the appropriately detailed photographs for the Forum archives. If anyone needs to check how various parts looked from new I'm always happy to send high res images directly to them of any part of the car ...

Mark Baigent

Would entertain early to mid $30's - surely almost a give-a-way for a unrestored car of this calibre ....

David Mills

Ah Mark. That will be a wrench.  Takes me back to my first Alfa in 1969 as attached.

Am intrigued to learn of your new opportunity.

Regards David

Mark Baigent

Yes David, a wrench it will certainly be and I preparing myself for the reality that I'll probably never see or own another as good.
I didn't know you were one of those fortunate enough to have driven these cars new - what wonderful memories that must have left with you !
As for the new opportunity here's hoping my forward plan works out - if it does I'll be happy to share the outcome with you ...

Mark Baigent

Another image at the maximum size allowable on the Forum to qualify the condition ....

Mark Baigent

Two inquiries from England and another from New Zealand in the last 4 days .... though a sale is what I would like to achieve it would naturally be my preference to see this extraordinary Giulia Super stay in Australia.   

EZEE

Hi,

agree with all the comments, though would love to see the car in NSW, in my garage  :)

Is this car still for sale? Looks like it might be, love to chat offline (is that the way it works? I am still new.....)

EZ