Stupid car accesories

Started by colcol, May 13, 2011, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garibaldi

Neil, that would be one seriously scary car. I sold new Toyota TRD Aurion 3.5L V6 Supercharged Sedans and the torque steer was amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Neil Choi

This was on the back of the Toyota.

Neil Choi

Quote from: Garibaldi on March 04, 2014, 04:35:31 PM
the torque steer was amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Isn't that the optional ALC, Auto Lane Change mode.

colcol

Mind you, it could just be a V-8 badge stuck on the back of a Toyota for some extra street cred or it could be a V8 out of a Lexus.
The V-6 supercharged Aurion from TRD, [looks like turd], was an Australian developed Harrop Engineering kit, but with the average age of a Aurion owner nearly into 3 figures, why would Toyota bother?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Garibaldi

Toyota felt that they would like a share of the HSV & FPV market as well as targeting some of the European performance cars. The car really wasn't aimed at the traditional Toyota buyer, they were just trying to get some incremental sales in a segment they had not competed in before. It was a seriously underdone performance car pretender. It should have been all wheel drive or at least rear wheel drive. There were plenty of Lexus RWD platforms they could have built it on. I am not surprised it was not successful for them. :o

colcol

Now available, [at last] for 156 Alfa Romeo models, headlight spoilers, designed to spoil any lighting from headlights possibly or an added bit of downforce when doing high speed cruising down Lygon St., can be color coded to match your car or that carbon fibre look to show others you shop at Autobahn, available from ebay on the 156 site, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Now available on Ebay, for Alfa Romeo 156, 'direct replacement', chrome white LED neon washer jets, 'super bright lights', give your car an instant makeover in seconds, your chance to keep up with all the Lancer and Hyundai drivers, wiring included!,  i'll take 2 thanks, Colin.

Garibaldi

Col, can you get them for 147's? I reckon mine would look fully sick with them. 8)

colcol

When i receive mine, i will show them to you, so you can see if they fit a 147, but they are not allowed in Spectacolo in standard class.
Seriously, what are the point of these useless items, you see them on cars in the morning when driving to work in the dark, i think the light reflecting onto the bonnet would be a major distraction.......from all the doofdoof music, Colin.

Garibaldi

It's just attention seeking behaviour by these people. For some reason they want everybody to notice them. Personally I'd rather fly under the radar.

Backto105

Quote from: Neil Choi on May 13, 2011, 10:37:50 PM
The typical stupid car accessory would be a blonde, wouldn't it?

... that's one of those accessories that just sucks!!
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver

Backto105

Quote from: colcol on May 14, 2011, 08:34:25 PM
Yeah Neil we used to get those fine Japanese Cars along to the MSCA and it was always interesting to watch when they went thru scrutineering!, 'baby on board', no idea either, but we did have a bit of fun with a bloke at work when we told him that the Police were having a blitz on baby on board signs, and if you had one on your car, then you would be pulled over and checked for 'baby on board', if no baby was sighted, then you would be charged with giving misleading information, Colin.

The idea behind the "Baby on Board" was to stick it on the window closest to the baby that was in a capsule or baby seat so in the event of a big accident, rescue crews knew to look for a baby that might still be inside.

As for really useless accessories .... what about the little rubber strap dangling from the rear of the car dragging along the road.... was supposed to stop car sickness..... ALMOST as god as Peter Brocks Energy Polariser.... that would have to win first prize!!
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver

Neil Choi

Another wonderfully accessorised car.  You got to love it.

Bruce Fowler

Where are the fashion police when you need them, or does the Disabled Sticker refer to their ablity to make sound judgement
Current
2018 Giulia Super Veloce Pack

Previous
2009 JTS 2.2 159
2002 156 Selespeed Sports

colcol

There was a warning on tonights news about false eyelashes and all the harm they cause, but despite the warnings, people still persist with this dangerous practice.
Please, if you are going to fit false eyelashes have it done by a reputable, qualified eyelash technition, and not some person you saw in the Sun, Colin.