Stupid car accesories

Started by colcol, May 13, 2011, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidm1600

Heh heh (LOL)  ;D  (shame there is no double thumbs up icon for I could add that as well), but yes MD and Anthony, you have me totally cracking up.  For sure, you guys are dead right.  Oh good grief. Damn it all I also forgot the stickers that seem to grow up the front guards of WRXs, Skylines, Supras et al including JetPilot, Trust, TRC etc etc. 
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Those Brembo caliper covers you see on ebay have to be up there.

Anthony Miller

Quote from: Brad M on May 17, 2011, 01:55:03 PM
Quote from: Anthony Miller on May 17, 2011, 01:32:08 PM
2. Pontiac G8 front end (see above) ::)

The factory did it, so not really an accessory ...
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/43712/2010-holden-ss-v-series-special-edition-and-special-edition-international-models-announced

Should substitute for the already discussed ...
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/holden-camarodore-20101123-184zd.html

Ok then, whilst not technically an accessory, still decidedly stupid, I suppose Holden had to do something with those front ends after Pontiac went tits up
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

colcol

Did you see the revoiced clip of Hitler addressing a meeting of the support staff, not about loosing the war, but the number of Commodores with Chev badges he has seen lately, GOLD, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

njh1964

I first noticed "ute balls" up in Brisbane (kind of says everything, really), but they seem to be working their way south. Maybe following the cane toads. These have to be the dumbest car accessory ever!!!

Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

AikenDrum105

Hee hee - why the hate on the Baby on Board signs ?

Is it the cheek of the driver that niggles ?  to assume someone following would drive any differently  when reminded people have kids ?   

I'm sure a few of you would agree that with a car full of noisy kids - the natural reaction when your concentration is stretched is to slow down - driving perhaps a little slower / more carefully than those behind might like.   

I'm not saying it's an excuse for stupid inconsiderate driving, or a licence to hold everyone up. I think the general idea was more a  "Cut me a little slack if I fail to merge quickly enough  / go for that gap you thought I could fit into  / run the orange light -  got a rowdy bunch in the car here..."   

I know a friend of mine eyes those signs the same way he eyes older Volvos  - as an invitation to "pass me now at any cost - I'm going to hold you up"  but he's a bit special that way.

Maybe those signs are also another tool to get the product to market.  Maybe I work for Safe n Sound and am biased. ;)

<nomex undies on>  flame away !  ;)

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

colcol

What about those silly 'static straps', that is a piece of rubber that hangs down off your plastic rear bumper and stops the buildup of static electricity in the car, when these stupid straps were all the rage in the 50's and 60's it was to stop static electricity building up causing car sickness, these days the snake oil salesman tell the guilliable that the static electricity buildup causes voltage spikes and fries the computers in use in modern cars, but my car has a devise to stop buildup of static electricity, its a rubber device called a tyre, if anyone wants to know where to buy a static strap, there is a car accesory place in Croydon, [Vic], that has them left over from the 60's complete with an inch of dust, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

branko.gt

colcol

And on ebay, you can now get special covers for your tissue boxes with the Alfa Romeo logo, mmm, put me down for 2, Colin.

f1worldchamp

Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

colcol

And sounding like a grumpy old man, whats the deal with those white stick figures that are on the back of people movers and 4 wheel drives, they show mum and dad and various kids, what are we supposed to do?, congratulate dad on his outstanding work, good on you mum for great parenting, how many rugrats is that now?, lets see one-two-three, CRASH, sorry for running up your rear while reading another stupid rear window sticker, maybe they should make them for people like me, a big fat bloke and one Cat, Colin.

dehne

some are funny i was following a car today that had them when i got closer i noticed that it was a rude version 2guys 1 girl if you get the idea and was on the back of a ute.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

colcol

One i saw today was a baby's jumper on a suction cup stuck to the back window, and on the jumper was 'baby on board', and when i pulled up next to them, there wasn't a baby on board, why should we even care if there is a baby on board?, the stupid jumper took up about 15% of the back window, just enough to miss that semi trailer thats coming down on you, didn't matter though as the driver of the car most likely never looks in the rear vision mirror of their......... CAMRY, Colin.

colcol

And i saw one that appealed to me, a sticker on the back window of stick figures, saying "I don't give a  Fu^k about your stupid stick figure family", no neither do i, Colin.

L4OMEO

Au contraire Colin ...

(Some say .... he masquerades as the editor of the Queensland AROCA magazine, and that he really drives a battered dark-green imported Tarago .....)

2002 156 GTA