Stupid car accesories

Started by colcol, May 13, 2011, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

While at it, don't forget to fit a bra !
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

njh1964

Preferably a bra of the peek-a-boo variety... and maybe some hot pink lippy around the grill ;D.
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

colcol

In the V-8 Supertaxi series they have a series of light on the front windscreen to show whether its the main driver or co-driver, and if the cars are on soft or hard tyres, saw a young bloke in a VS Commodore on the eastern freeway in Melbourne with a row of lights down the front of the windscreen, what posseses people to do this type of thing?, [most likely a his & hers package deal from Autocrap], his girlfreind most likely has eyelashes on her Lancer, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

1750GT

I agree Colin, the ones that give me the heebees are the blue flouro lights under the cars at the back and front which light up the the road? like what purpose do these lights serve and then they put the brakes on and the disco multiple flashing side show happens in addition to the brake lights? whats this all about and why have so many doofs become enamid with these freeking lights? Theres even flashing blue lights that flash in "tune" with the doof doof music.

Alas is the car suppose to be a road weapon of choice whether its for pleassure or pure conveyance (toyota camery owners note the pure conveyance) or a doof doof freeking edefice.

Now about those guys who drive "soft top" jeeps and persist in putting a false row of five or six flood lights across the front of the roof so the car looks like a hair dressers version of a mean four wheel drive...........don't start me on this one.

1750GT

1750GT

1750GT

And the other night I saw the latest silly flouro light acessary. A mitsubishi EVO with the full body kit turned the corner and it had blue flouro lights running the length (along the crease line between the body kit and the body) of the body kit.

What the?? it looked hideous. A supreme conveyance with disco lights along the line of the body kit, what does this add to the whole package?

1750Gt

Neil Choi

Well, I would not have posted anything but this morning I was searching for some replacement bonnet pins for my Alfa and decided to stupidly look in e-bay and found these and thought "ripper, will buy these" but the pictures didn't look right.  No drilling and STICK ON!!!??  Interestingly, listing says one sold already.

How stupid can accessories get, similar to the Brembo caliper covers I guess.

Brad M

Quote from: Neil Choi on May 27, 2012, 09:19:22 AM
Interestingly, listing says one sold already.

Admit it Neil, it was you.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

colcol

If you had a forward opening bonnet, you could use these to stooge the scrutineer into thinking your car had proper bonnet pins, and how about stick on fire extinguishers, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Neil Choi

Looked up STICK ON Bonnet Scoops too, interesting what is out there and can buy!!!!!!!!!

Luna Rossa

I'm speechless...

The description on the ebay ad is

We have on offer a set of four sound activated LED interior lights for the front driver and passenger and rear passenger footwells. Make your car stand out with theses ultra bright resilient neon's. Ideal for footwells, subs, etc. These will improve the styling of any car, with easy fitment these LED lights can be plugged in any 12V car outlet and with a three setting switch included in the kit ("on", "off" and "sound activated") the lights can be controlled very easily. These can be installed in just minutes making your car stand out from the crowd instantly!

Current Cars
2013 Giulietta
1970 GT Veloce
1963 2600 Sprint

Past
1970 GT Junior 1300
2009 159 2.2 Litre JTS Ti

colcol

Do you reckon they would flash along with the Ramones, they live up to the advertising hype of making your car stand out from the crowd, whats that old Alfa Romeo drivers statement again?, turn down the music, cause i can't hear the engine, there was a 156 V-6 on ebay about 1 year ago with all these doof-doof accesories, and it looked quite good, and it was a runner, and at $5,000, he couldn't shift it, Colin.

colcol

Another stupid car accessories, for christmas, stick on reindeer antlers, they stick to your side window to give your car the reindeer look, seriously the other day i thought it was a new type of reindeer just invented, with headlights and 4 wheels, i have a compulsion to jump out at the traffic lights and break them off, as if we need more landfill, all sorts of family cars seem to have them along with my family stickers on the back window, if i see any Alfa Romeo's in Melbourne with them, i will chase you down, and break them off,....you have been warned, Colin.

Neil Choi

Calm Colin, calm, serenity......................

Beatle

Colcol, I just added another My Family dog sticker to the collection on my rear window.  Luckily these days I don't park or stop at traffic lights in Melbourne....................... ;D

Bah Humbug!!!!!!!!
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Cool Jesus

I love pulling up beside the 'My Family' cars and seeing the outline of the male member having been removed, hmmm. I've given my young 'P' plate nephew a tally count decal for the side of his work truck/ute with a running tally for cars, bikes, cats, pedestrians etc... the hooligan in him loved it :)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS