SOLD - '76 F250

Started by alfagtv58, February 09, 2011, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

OK, so its not an Alfa. :P

I love this truck.....but as some of you may know my trailer was knocked off recently, there isn't much point in having the eFFie if I dont have a trailer to drag around. So in the interests of freeing up some cash to buy a trailer I'm going to sell the F truck.

As it isnt typical of what you might find on an Alfa forum, I wont post tons of details here.  But if you may be interested in further details PM or email me.

I only need $7k for it.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Thought I might post some details....

F250 1976.
Healthy 302 Cleveland with re-built 2 barrel carter.  Goes good, does not use oil and not bad on juice at 90-95KPH. 4 Sp Borg Warner and Dana 60 full floater rear 4.5:1. Gearbox is good.
New radiator (well, about to be), clutch, all rubbers, windscreen.  Interior would be 8/10 particularly considering it's age, the heater works and it has a AM/FM radio.
Paint is new 2 pack and it is very clean all over, no rust, it was all cut out and re-sprayed by the PO.
Payload 1600KG. Has air shocks in the rear and F&R sway bars, drives well and does not wander
Headlights upgraded to HID on low beam.
American Racing Alloys x 5 and new A/T tyres
The hardwood side rails really set it off.

The bad - A couple of electrical gremlins mainly.  The starter motor 'clicks' a few times before engaging, it had a new starter put on it recently so I suspect it needs a relay or something.  The trailer wiring is a bit messed up and doing something strange (when trailer hooked up), I'm sure an auto elec would have both sorted in no time....just haven't got around to doing it yet.  The indicators don't self cancel anymore, so a new stalk may be in order for RWC.

I also have a 4 barrel manifold and carburetor that can go with it.  I believe this used to be the carb on it when the PO removed the LPG.  I was told it was ok, but I cannot be sure of its condition.
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

John A Pucak

Yeh ,but does it have shotgun racks on the rear windscreen!!!

hammer

Phil, just out of interest, what sort of fuel economy do you get when towing the race car on trailer? My old Landcruiser gets the atrocious figures of 25l/100km, and I've always wondered how the old F Trucks compare.

Cheers,

Brent

John A Pucak

If it's any help Hammer, my CX7 was using @25 to the 100 towing back from Sandown (ouch)

alfagtv58

To be honest Hammer I havent done the figures while towing, the only meeting I got to use it before my trailer was knocked off was Sandown and that is just down the road from where I live.
2009 159 JTS Ti

Simon Bidese

off-topic

Guys Dad's X5 was amazing.  Towed the GTV6 from Melbourne to start a Dutton Rally at Canberra a few years ago, less than a tank !!!!!!

Cheers,

Simon

hammer

Thanks Phil,

Best of luck with the sale. It's a gorgeous truck and looks worth every cent of $7k. You'd certainly be towing in classic style with that baby.

Cheers,

Brent