Sold: Giulia 1300 TI

Started by cjheath, April 23, 2011, 06:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjheath

Folk,

The wife wants her garage spot back, now that my coupe is repaired at last. That means I reluctantly need to sell this very sweet car, which is one of the very best unrestored Giulias you could hope to find, and a fairly rare variety at that.

A set of 26 photos is available: Flickr: Giulia 1300 TI.

According to Marco Fazio at Alfa's Centro Documentazione:

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 766653 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 T.I. RHD (105.40), engine series AR 00539, manufactured on the 21st September 1970 and sold on the 6th October 1970 to Alfa Romeo Australia.
The body colour is Dutch blue, with wild boar leather skai interiors.

I believe that everything is original, except perhaps for the carburetor (which I had changed; a PO had made internal modifications) and a CDI ignition with optical timing in the distributor. The PO also fitted a headlight warning buzzer, which is a nice touch. It allows the lights to be turned on after the car is off, but buzzes if they're still on when you remove the key. I have his circuits for these custom electronics.

The engine has been recently rebuilt, and though there is a little tappet noise at high RPM, pulls very smoothly throughout the range. The gearbox lacks a little in the synchro department, but which of these cars doesn't? Original-style dampers are on the rear, with Koni reds on the front.

The paint doesn't appear to be entirely original except for the roof, and humidity during spraying mean it's not perfect. However the car appears to never have been badly pranged, everything is nice and straight with a minimum of bog.

All the floor and boot mats are intact, with one or two minor tears repaired. The rear seats are untorn though the vinyl is rather stiff now, and the front seats just starting to come apart at the seams, under the protective seat covers.

I've just started the process of converting this car to a club permit registration, as I want to put the registered number and B&W plates back onto my coupe. To make the switch (or sell) will need a RWC, which it last had 2 years ago, and that should be easy - except for the need for new tyres. I'll leave those until I accept your offer, because tyres are such a personal choice.

The car is in Melbourne, in case that wasn't obvious.

Clifford Heath, clifford.heath@gmail.com, AROCA (Vic) member 1113 (since 1986), 0401-533-540