Removing dash from 66 Duetto spider

Started by Red Duetto, April 14, 2011, 07:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Duetto

I am part way through removing the dash for a repair and repaint to fix a huge hole left by a previous owner who was in love with his stereo
I have let go all bolts I can see but it is still pretty firmly attached
Anyone got any experience in removing their dash that might have an "ah ha " moment?

Rob

AikenDrum105

Hi mate - I always thought the dash on my Duetto was a welcome relief in terms of access compared to the gtv I had :)    From memory there's three main bolts that hold the dash to the car - far left  (there might be an access hole int he glovebox to get to this),  far right and one in the center.  

After that - there's a couple of smaller nuts that hold the dash cap to the car - these have to be released as well to get the dash out.  On my car they were missing so the dash cap never quite sat right.

I was trying to find a parts manual for the duetto / S1 spiders which has a great exploded diagram showing how they fit together -  I'm sure there's one on the alfabb somewhere,  or perhaps Wille R's duetto register site...

Don't forget to unhook the speedo / tacho drive cables (I know, I know ... I've ruined one before in frustration...)

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV