Race Car evaluation

Started by Genghis, April 10, 2011, 04:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genghis

Hello again folks.

Saw the car yesterday.  It is in great condition other than some stone chips and a couple of tiny 'battle scars'.  Engine started first time from dead cold and it has been well looked after by a car enthusiast / driver.  It does still have the smaller brakes at the front and obviously still has the cats.  There is a little bit of obvious weight in door trims etc that can be replaced so at this stage it all looks good. 

If I want to run it in endurance races it will need a 90 ltr tank (CAMS limit for this size motor) and a new siamese dry brake system rather than the old vent and filler units.  So the bottom line is that there is still some more performance in the car that could make it competitive at the endurance level but there is also some more that has to be spent on the car to make it that way.

Just have to unload the DC2 now  :( and take it from there.  Car has a few spares (including the original engine with a stuffed head) but things like brakes won't be relevant as I will be moving to the bigger ones.

And yes when you are up close and personal it is a very sexy machine and sounds like,  well I do I really need to tell this forum what a racing 3.2 GTA sounds like? ;)

Genghis

Joey

Genghis

Genghis

Hi again folks.  As a matter of interest does anyone know what happened to the Silver 156 GTA that raced in the 2003 Bathurst 12 hour at all?  It was driven by Andrew Leithhead.  It and the red one I am looking was the other one of the 2 GTAs that were sold as non-complianced cars by Ateco at the time.

I know it had a crash at the 19.5 hour mark but don't know what happened to the car after that.

Cheers

Genghis

giulia_veloce

Andrew L still has it
Was professioally fixed and has raced since then.
In in storage
Can find his contact details if you require them.

Robert

Genghis

That would be great if you can find them for me.  Just PM the info when you have it.

Very much appreciated.

Genghis

kartracer

Quote from: alfagtv58 on April 11, 2011, 09:03:27 AM
I suspect this is the car you are looking at (in photo below)

some of the times it was doing in '08 are can be found here http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?21/09/2008.WAKE

That weekend it was driven by David Stone, who is a good steerer.

Like others have suggested, I dont think the power will be you main issue, it will be weight.

This is kind of spooky. I have just joined the boards as I'm new to Alfa ownership. I came across this post by chance, it's funny because I was at that very same race meeting, but in superkarts! Pretty off chance because I only did two race meetings that year.