Montreal Photos

Started by Doug Gould, August 13, 2007, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

Montreal photos from Winton yesterday. Just for Scott - but of course if he came he could see it in the flesh!

Doug Gould
(4 Alfa's with a bullet - crossing threads)
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Evan Bottcher

Doug, I didn't get to have a proper look at the beast yesterday due to child-wrangling but she sure looked like a sweet car.  That has to be the perfect colour for a Montreal.  Thanks for sharing the photos - hope to see it at some more club events!

Y'know once upon a time I didn't like the look of the Montreal.  Same as I thought the Giulia Super was ugly.  I don't know what was wrong with me...  I'm cured now though.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

That looks great Doug - well done.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Stunning car.

I'd always heard talk of how good these things sounded.  When the thing was going round the track on the, ahem, track inspection, on its own, my god what a sound.  No exaggeration, everyone I could see stopped talking, and looked around.  even over the other side of the track it sounded stupendous. And, I'm afraid, indescribable.  It really did sound like no other car I've heard before

The only thing I can say is, we all know how good Alfa 4's and 6's can sound.  Imagine if they built a slightly detuned race-engineered 8, how good would that sound?  Imagine that, and you'd be about half way there.

Amazing.

Doug Gould

Thanks Sheldon. Unfortunately, the next day it had two hotdogs added the the rear. Its not quite as attention getting, but easier to live with! Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle