2 Litre oil catch cans

Started by MD, March 28, 2011, 07:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Brent,

Thanks for that info. At that price, is it any wonder recycled milk bottles are the go? :D :D

Anyhow, since my initial post, I have made my own design incorporating all the features I need. I have designed it so that it will fit all the transaxle series and in particular the TS engine with the drain return to sump inlet.

I have made a mock up of the design and I am collaborating with BradGTV who will make it for me.

My suggestion is to wait until I get mine and install it so you can see the configuration. We should also have a better idea of the price of it for comparison to the off-the-shelf types.

What I will say is that the tank requires around 24-25mm O.D. connections for the inflow and outflow. This matches the camshaft cover vent outlet.The outflow is just a breather vent. At the bottom of the can, the outlet size to drain the oil back to sump (on TS engine) needs to be 6.5mm O.D.

I have yet to see any commercial oil catch can to match these specs.

If my unit works out well, I suspect Brad may be swayed to go into a small production run of them but that's a call he has to make.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

BradGTV

just to let people know i will be making more of these to fit 75, gtv, gtv6, alfetta and giulietta, only after they are fully proved and tested on MD's car.
cheers, Brad
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

MD

StormX

I cannot see that being 2 litres in capacity?  ???
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

BradGTV

nither can i,
my surge tank is just under 2 liter capacity and there is no way it would fit mounted to the engine inplace of the dizzy.
plus way too much heat being mounted their and seeing as other people will hopefully want to buy it, every 4cyl alfa motor has a dizzy (unless aftermarket injected) there so it wouldnt be practical at all.
the box shape MD has designed is far better in my opinion
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Storm_X

I never said it was 2l in capacity, I thought I might just throw some pictures of a good catch can system up. Even tho it filters the oil back into the sump.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"