Racing Alfa battery replacement

Started by Neil Choi, March 25, 2011, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hello there all,

Thought I would get some opinions from the brains trust.

My Odyssey PC925 battery has died in my race car.  After getting up from fainting following finding out how much to replace, and also it was rather heavy, 11kg, I was wondering what other people have used or using.  I was thinking of going for the smaller Odyssey PC680, about 7kg, but price is still a bit steep and not sure on CCA power capability and longevity (if possible in a race car). 

Also any hint on where to buy, local (Melb) or safe internet sites.

Cheers
Neil

Barry Edmunds

Neil
I've had a Pulse 650 in the Super since late 2007 and it has been excellent with never any hint of failure winter or summer.
As a daily driver my car probably places a bit more of a drain on the battery than a race car would but this Pulse has performed faultlessly to date and never misesd a beat.
Fairly sure that the Pulse units are cheaper than Odyssey but they are supposed to be an exact copy of the Odysses and equal in performance. Would have no hesitation in using same when replacement time comes.
Got mine from Rod Smith at Extreme Batteries in Lilydaye 9735 4317

jimnielsen

Neil I used to use odyssey as well - but no more. I am using one of the batteries below...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FULLRIVER-SPORTS-BATTERY-PC680-RACE-AUDIO-SPV20-680AMP-/270667674729?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f050cf469

It works very well. Contact Ray Pignataro..He got me mine for about $100. Had it for two years now - it does not mind being let uncharged either...
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

branko.gt

I have been contemplating batteries as well. Demontweeks in UK have a good selection and are definitely a reliable supplier. see here for batteries: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/Electrical_Components/Batteries/1447
If you thought odyssey batteries are expensive prepare for a shock.

BTW, whenever I mention odyssey, Bruno asks me, tells me, "what's wrong with you, do have too much money".