2011 Racing dates

Started by alfagtv58, December 15, 2010, 12:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

All Victorian Alfa Racers (or potentially interested racers!),

While this is primarily aimed at Group S racers, there is a couple of meetings that may interest owners of other log booked cars (Lakeside meeting and ARDC Eastern Creek).

2011 is just around the corner and it may be worth getting our collective thoughts together on which meetings we intend to support next year.  There are a lot of options available to us and it may be worthwhile considering supporting some as a group, particularly the interstate ones as a travelling party makes for a fun weekend away racing with some mates.

Just to get the brain box going and the creative juices flowing......potential meetings for 2011 are as follows (I have only listed race meetings, not AROCA sprints or 6 hour events, which should be supported too of course ;))

Victorian;
18/19/20 March - VHRR Phillip Island
28/29 May - Historic Winton (Short)
11/12/13 August - VHRR Historic Festival of Speed Winton (Long)
29/30 October (?) - VHRR Historic Sandown

South Aust.
22/23/24 April (Easter) - Historic Mallala

NSW
These are the GSRA 'away' meetings
26/27 February – HSRCA Wakefield Park
24/25 September - HSRCA Wakefield Park
26/27 November - HSRCA Eastern Creek

The other more likely meeting in NSW is,
28/29 May - ARDC Sports Car Carnival - this meeting will have an all Alfa field and a separate Group S field, double the track time for Group S competitors if you want it!

QLD;
23/24 July - VRA East Coast Challenge Lakeside  (would be great to get a few Vics up to this event....transporter for the cars and fly up??)

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Ok racers.

I've entered PI in march....who else is going?

I've also just sent off my entry for Mallala Historics at Easter....havent been there in a few years so I'm really looking forward to it.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

I have entered for PI Historics too.

Will probably only do the Victorian Races this year.

Might think about Wakefield in September.

Neil

Chris Blanden

I've also entered. Due to do (finally!) the OLT this weekend. Provided I pass I'll be there bringing up the rear of the field.

hmd

I am in also.

p.s. Chris, Warm welcome from the president of the Group S BOG (back of grid) racing :)