Ciao a tutti

Started by Fabrizio Giovanardi, February 22, 2011, 05:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabrizio Giovanardi

Hi, everybody!

My name is Marin, I come from Zagreb, capital of Croatia.

I've always driven Alfas, 33 serie 1 (gone), fathers 156 (occasionally still do) and my two beauties 33 1.7 8V and 75 2.0 TS every single day!

John Hanslow

Welcome Marin.  Good range of cars from newer 156 front wheel drive car to the much respected 75 RWD.

Post some pics if you can.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

colcol

Hi Fabrizio Giovanardi, great to see we have a famous touring car driver on our Forum and a famous Alfa Romeo works driver who drove the 156 touring car with such flair, i hope you are coming out to Australia this year to drive at Phillip Island and Mt Panorama, did you score a drive with triple eight this year?, but please try and teach those bogan {not Crompton and Skaifey] commentators how to pronounce your name proper like what i would, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Fabrizio Giovanardi

:)

Thank you for a warm welcome. However, I am not the real Piedone! As I said, my name is Marin and I'm from Croatia, not Italy.

I do admire F.G. very very much!

John, I already did. Check this out... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6617.0

Colcol, I'm sure you would enjoy this one!

colcol

Ok, i must admit that i am jealous that someone come up with the idea of using that fabulous name Fabrizio Giavinardi, i wonder if anyone is using the name Gabriella Tarquini, so much better than col col, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Fabrizio Giovanardi

I use it for years now. You can try with Tarquini, Larini... etc... all great guys! Maybe we make online racing team then!

Btw, would you have some races of F.G. and crew in ETCC and WTCC recorded and stored?
I'd appreciate them a lot!

colcol

Sorry Fab, all the 2 litre Touring car races i watched were recorded on VHS then re-recorded over, what a year it was when the Alfa 155 turned the other teams into also rans, they had their back spoilers sitting up about 50mm higher than the other teams, this was a critical factor in getting clean air to the spoiler getting good downforce, it seems the Alfa 155 had been homoligated with 50mm spacers supplied in the boot and naturally the Alfa teams fitted these legal spacers under the spoiler where it worked to such devastating effect, they were outlawed the following year to let other makes be as fast as the 155, Colin.

Fabrizio Giovanardi

Same thing with me. "A certain someone" deliber... khm, pardon me... accidently taped them over.  >:( :'(

If you ever find any races with F.G. and Autodelta team, please let me know.
156 gta was even more dominant in ETCC. Great cars, great drivers...

colcol

Hi Fab, watched the Alfa Romeo 155 touring car vs Losers, after that it is hard to drive my red car without a stupid grin on my face every time i think of the youtube clip, in Australia back in the mid 1990's, in Australia for a few seasons we had the 2 litre touring cars here, and i went to all the local races and every time the 155 went past it made me very proud to be associated with a Marque like Alfa Romeo with a rich racing heritage, back in 1985 at the Adelaide G.P. i actually saw the Alfa Romeo factory supported Euroracing Formula one team, sponsored by Benneton, and we think we spotted Dr Carlo Chitti in the pits and the 1.5 litre v-8 turbocharged F-1 car sounded the best of them all!, every time it thundered past the pits i was so excited i almost had tears in my eyes, i wish Alfa would get back to Touring car racing, maybe they are, but we don't get to see it in Australia, after all if a Daewoo Cruz can win the British Touring car championship, imagine what a sporting manufacturer like Alfa could do, Colin.

Fabrizio Giovanardi

I don't know if there is a topic on this forum about Alfa's racing history (video clips), but take a look at ours.

http://alfisti.hr/forum/index.php/topic,46468.0.html

I'm sure you'll find at least something you'll like!  ;)
And here are some pics...
http://alfisti.hr/forum/index.php/topic,2689.0.html