Why won't my car sell??

Started by mario147, March 07, 2011, 01:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Miller

Sell the Corolla and drive the alfa for another 5-10 years and then turn it into a track beast. :P
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

mario147

Quote from: John Hanslow on March 08, 2011, 12:48:43 PM
Remenber that the market has factored in depreciation, repairs and 'concerns' with each make and model and it normally follows a bit of logic.

That said, Alfa's are good value and if there is some cost in repairs, well I alawys note that a reasonable purchase price makes up for it - a set off really.

Cheers.

This is so true... Alfa's are great value! What other European car drops half its value in 2-3 years? It amazes me that more people aren't trying to snap these cars up. For the price, they are fantastic cars. If my circumstances didn't change I would have kept the Alfa.

I don't believe Alfa will shake the bad reputation in Australia for some time. We go on about Yanks being ignorant, but perhaps we should look at ourselves. I was in Spain a few weeks ago and had an interesting conversation with one of the locals. He wanted to buy a Brera, and was waiting for the price to fall a bit. I told him that i've been having troubles selling my car and he was surprised about the reliability issues playing a major role in this. He told me that Alfas have a pretty good reputation now in Spain and I noticed a large number of 147's over there, albeit mostly diesels because they're cheap enough. Why it takes so long over here to shake a bad rep is beyond me... Who knows. Shows like Top Gear don't help though.

John Hanslow

I think that Aussis like autos (but lets not go into the Alfa only manual argument) so the buying public bought the selespeed cars.

Early ones being problematic and costly to replace, breakdown experiences etc.. would lead to a banker at a BBQ having a welcome change of topic !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

mario147

So i've dropped my price. The pressure got to me  ;)