This weekend March 5-6 Alfa's at Winton

Started by Neil Choi, March 03, 2011, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

This weekend is shaping up to be a fabulous weekend for Alfa's on the track.

A full field of Race Craft and Driver Safety entrants on Saturday, youngest entrants being 16 and 12, but let's not mention the oldest!!!  But fantastic to see those who want to gain more in this exciting event of ours.  The number of enthusiastic club instructors and officials almost or just outnumbered the number of entrants, goes to show the support the club has.

A full field for Sprints on Sunday, majority being Alfa's of course and well supported by the salon of MX5's, thanks MX5 members.

Wonderful news, Trevor Montgomery in his Alfa 6c/1500 "Little Alfa" will be attending to give his beauty a run so to run in his new motor for PI Historics coming up.  It is fantastic to see Pre-war Alfa's out.  Planning on having more of them, but Trevor is the first to lead the charge.  Welcome Trevor. 

If you don't have anything special on (unlike me, it's my wife's birthday on Sunday, so I think I am in trouble), come up to Winton to see what Alfa's do best.

Neil

Neil Choi

On Saturday 5th March of the Race Craft and Driver Safety events, on conclusion of the events at 3:45pm, there will be a private practice session until 5pm. 

The cost for this private session will be $30, places will be limited. 

The usual sprint license and scrutiny requirements as well as driver indemnity documentation.

All documentation to be carried out at 2:30pm with cars prepared and ready by 3:30pm.

Contact me to reserve a place.

Neil
0433 11 66 47

Neil Choi

Picture of Trevor in his Little Alfa.

Evan Bottcher

Great sprint day today at Winton.  A little warm and a lot of folk departed pretty early, so plenty of track time for those who wanted it!

Thanks very much to the organisers and volunteer officials again.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Just checked out results.

Ray got beaten by his wife, Sue.    AGAIN.

Thought I would just point that minor detail out.

alfagtv58

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on March 06, 2011, 09:31:23 PM
Great sprint day today at Winton.  A little warm and a lot of folk departed pretty early, so plenty of track time for those who wanted it!

Thanks very much to the organisers and volunteer officials again.

Saturday, was just as good too Evan  ;D 
Sensational weather, and I think the two guys I was instructing got something from the day.  From where I was sitting they both visually improved by the end of the day.

Shame I couldnt hang around for Sunday though.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Quote from: Neil Choi on March 07, 2011, 08:58:55 AM
Just checked out results.

Ray got beaten by his wife, Sue.    AGAIN.

Thought I would just point that minor detail out.

Ahem....

Damon CHOI (5)           Alfetta GTV GpS            R3          S17 1:13.2232 
Neil CHOI (2)            Alfetta GTV GpS            R3          S2  1:13.9543 
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

In my defence, I only went out in one session and didn't get my chance to defend the honour.

Went out with fuel problem and last time was as chase car for the footage of Nick.

So there.

But the little bugger is going get less time now.

Neil Choi

Wait up, the dorians were swapped around, now I recall, Damon got it mixed up.

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Oh, also I told Damon to go into a faster group and follow John Floyd around and ended up with a faster time.

Things a father would do for their kids.

branko.gt

Neil Choi

Then during his fast session, he hits something and comes back in.  So no chance for me to go out and challenge.

So we packed up.

Ray Pignataro

how come when i beat susan you dont post that

Paul Gulliver

Quoteany other excuses

It was Neil's wife's birthday on Sunday, he was obviously thinking about other things
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0