WTB: Alfa 75 Front Brakes

Started by Storm_X, February 17, 2011, 10:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

or maybe they are a fair price as i check a wrecker and they were afte 900 bucks so 400 i think is pretty fair and apart from that i would say ur a tight ass  ;D
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Storm_X

Quote from: dehne on February 20, 2011, 04:35:18 PM
or maybe they are a fair price as i check a wrecker and they were afte 900 bucks so 400 i think is pretty fair and apart from that i would say ur a tight ass  ;D

wreckers wanted $2500 for a nord 2.0 and gearbox off an alfetta/Giulietta would you pay that much ?? To buy a complete car is less then this.

Would anyone on this fourm pay $400 for 2nd hand standard Alfa 75 front brakes, calipers and rotors ?? Or am i just a tight ass ?

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Paul Gulliver

QuoteWould anyone on this fourm pay $400 for 2nd hand standard Alfa 75 front brakes

If it meant that i could drive the car  instead of it sitting in the shed i would. But if the market has told you what there worth and you want to be a Darryl Corrigan " tell um their dreaming " thats up to you.    
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Sheldon McIntosh

I don't think they're worth that much, but as Paul says, it's up to the market, and to the individuals involved.  I wouldn't pay more than $200 personally, and that would have to be some almost brand new rotors.

Have you joined your local club yet, and put an ad in the magazine?  Or can you "not afford" to join the club?  I save myself hundreds every year by joining the club - the best and cheapest parts are never advertised.

Quote from: dehne on February 20, 2011, 04:35:18 PM

That sounds like a lot.  Which wrecker is that then?

Storm_X

Sheldon  you must also be a tight ass like my self.

I am not that desperate at this point in time, the brakes on the Giulietta are fine just want to upgrade.

Havent joined up as yet untill i get my track car going.

ANG156

Look i was at milano yesterday and he said that 75 calipers are $100 each for some one off the street. 

bt46

Im going to throw my $400 dollars in here.
I just sold a set of V6 brakes (calipers stubs and hubs) for 150 bucks.
When you can buy an entire 90 or 75 for under 1k thats all there worth and thats all you will get if you really want to sell.
When people start to pay $400 for V6 brakes then and only then can you say thats what they are worth.

ItalCarGuy

These were the pair bought off BT46 after a nice rebuild. Just thought I'd throw some pics up for eye candy!

Mike

dam they do look good, I'm off to clean mine!!  For what it is worth, I just paid 95 dollars plus 30 psotage for front hubs disks and calipers from Alfa 90.  Saved me taking them off my 90 when it's complete.  Normal price seems to be about 200 ish, or course from a certain vendors it will be more, but hey they have overheads and have to put food on the table like anyone else, individuals are just clearing space in the garage so are usually cheaper.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Storm_X

you guys are lucky to pick up the brakes for so cheap, i cant even get the calipers and rotors for that price.

I am getting a set of calipers and brand new rotors soon, but im still looking for another set.

Mike

you don't use ebay then?  That's where I got mine 3weeks ago.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

pancho

I have a set of 1985 GTV6 Brembo front calipers I'd like to sell if anyone is keen. let me know via PM - I'll clean them up and post a pic.