Garage Visit Saturday 26th February

Started by John Hanslow, February 10, 2011, 02:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

So here we go gents:

Quotei have interest in all alfa models and i am sure most of the other alfa members do as well, so why should this be reserved to members that own the cars, i know its got nothing to do with you guys since you didn't organise the event, so why post it?

In the last few years I have tried to develop a culture and framework where there are regular activities for each register suited to that register.  At the same time they are of general interest to all club members.

What I have learnt is that whether a 105 Workshop or 156 Workshop, De Dion Night -95% of the people there on the night have a one of the cars concerned so the night is valuable knowledge share activity.  Note that non members are welcome too.  I have had between 20 to 50 people and coming on the night so with those number, it can be a challenge.

The problem is that a lot of our sponsors and advertisers have advised that due to insurance and compliance reasons, you can not run a activity in a workshop.

Regarding this current activity,  the venue has very defined operational conditions and their garage is not usually open to the public.  So in this instance the spots were filled really quick.  This is also a networking opportunity for new members with older vehicles who have only recently joined the club and we in turn have to offer them something.  More of that later.

The reason why it is posted (many members with older vehicles do not use this forum) is that I am trying to encourage use and interest in this forum section so that everyone can have a positive input.

Final answer is that for Club compliance and open communication, it is correct and polite to let everyone know what is going on. With compliance  etc . the club has insurance for events, we 'note' a club activity so everyone (including guests) are covered as a posted club event. The committee has decided that if an activity is not in the calendar, then a post will do.  In this instance a short post does not mean a short thread.,  Due to time limitations with volunteers,  it has not been put on the calendar, just a post as per protocol.

So Monday is my day off work and I will go forth and see where I can organise another Restoration Workshop or Garage Night.

Also we will be having a 932 Series (156 et.el) Workshop for social and knowledge sharing.  Look forward to seeing there Alfa 156 Dale - date and location to be confirmed.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Paul Gulliver

QuoteSo Monday is my day off work and I will go forth and see where I can organise another Restoration Workshop or Garage Night.

Keep up the great work John. Hard to keep this rabble happy all of the time. Some of them still need a wet nurse  I suspect.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

alfagtv58

Quote from: John Hanslow on February 11, 2011, 08:01:24 AM
In the last few years I have tried to develop a culture and framework where there are regular activities for each register suited to that register.  At the same time they are of general interest to all club members.

And to that end John, may I say, you have done a 'bang up' job.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

AikenDrum105

Quote from: pep105 on February 10, 2011, 04:14:03 PM
I could organise a visit to my garage but I dont think anyone would turn up..................Ive got beer though and.........coffee..........

Count me in,  I have some homebrew I need to get rid of  that makes good oven-cleaner that I need critiqued by learned palates ;)
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Anthony Miller

Quote from: ALFA156DALE on February 10, 2011, 10:43:26 PM
i know what you guys mean i just dont understand why this was posted it isnt nesesary
to any of us since we can not go.

But that's like saying "why post 8c info and pics as none of us can buy one"
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

John Hanslow

In summary we have tihe following:

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Davidm1600

:D Same here ahh yep wait for the next one !

I could organise a visit to my garage but I dont think anyone would turn up..................Ive got beer though and.........coffee..........

Damn Pep, I would be in like Flynn for sure if I wasn't stuck over here in Slobart, given there is beer and coffee on offer.  Afterall, I know you have a bloody decent coffee machine  ;D, oh and I wouldn't mind checking out your GTV.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Davidm1600

Quote from: AikenDrum105 on February 11, 2011, 09:38:56 AM

Count me in,  I have some homebrew I need to get rid of  that makes good oven-cleaner that I need critiqued by learned palates ;)

Crikey Scott, you up for having these plebs taste your homebrew.  I thought it might be reserved for us brewers of distinction with our well developed palates.  You might need to have an upper limit on takers for this garage tour  ;D for sure.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

UNICO

Looks like everyone's going to Pep's house. I'm in ;D

I'll be there tonight ;D

Ed

ALFA156DALE

and it also looks like no one can state there bloody opinion on here unless you are one of the "regulars." And thanks for your input Paul no need to ack like a dill, this really makes new guys like me feel welcome since we can't have an opinion of our own. yeah post all the 8c pics you like but theres no point "since none of us can buy one," (it seems anthony miller has all our bank accounts on record!)
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

AlfaACT

Hey hey PaulE,

... no other car could ever do.
It's been waiting so long for school to be through,
The Cedric can wait no more for you, ...

;D

branko.gt

Quote from: ALFA156DALE on February 11, 2011, 09:39:53 PM
and it also looks like no one can state there bloody opinion on here unless you are one of the "regulars." And thanks for your input Paul no need to ack like a dill, this really makes new guys like me feel welcome since we can't have an opinion of our own. yeah post all the 8c pics you like but theres no point "since none of us can buy one," (it seems anthony miller has all our bank accounts on record!)
Yelling "A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE THIS SOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSTED. " about someone's post is not an opinion. That is being rude.
What exactly is your problem? If the event was not full you would not care about it one way or another, woudl you. Have you at all noticed where was this posted ? In the Vintage and Classic Register section of the forum. It was quite an appropriate posting and served as a record of the club event. In my opinion it was your post slamming John that was inappropriate and rude.
The club is a voluntary association and you get from the club as much as you put in. What did you put in ?

ALFA156DALE

Since iam a new member i have not contributed and i dont think i will be with a reception like this, and by the looks you can't have an opinion on here as i said unless your one of the regulars.
it seems that by the looks of my post i have offended some people, and no i would not of cared if the event was not full, if you have taken any notice of my previous posts that is exactly my point iam trying to make, i would of loved to go see where alfa started.
And as you can tell all the people that are arguing with me are either hero members or senior members, from how i see it is the one that are aruging are the ones going. Am i right?

By the way guys iam having a party next weekend iam only allow to have 50 people attend there is going to free alcohol and there will be a three course meal that is also free. please feel free to turn up. Oh and by the i already have 50 people attending, so sorry guys it is full
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

branko.gt

You can have an opinion. You can even be rude if you like, but you cannot expect not to be told off for being rude or have immunity from someone posting opposing opinion.
What makes you think that if you have a right to post your opinion someone else should not have a right to post an opposing opinion?

Anthony Miller

And as you can tell all the people that are arguing with me are either hero members or senior members, from how i see it is the one that are aruging are the ones going. Am i right?

If you really must know Dale, the people who are attending this garage event don't really have time for this forum rubbish and obviously what you don't understand is just how few spots there were to fill for this event.The club has almost 900 members and this event had space for but a handfull if that and no you are not right, the forum/club members who have responded to your posts have done so in defense of a very hard working commitee member merely doing the job we elected him to do, and to the best of my knoweledge, these members are not attending this event.
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)