Garage Visit Saturday 26th February

Started by John Hanslow, February 10, 2011, 02:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

The Club has been organising a range of suitable activities for various registers this year with a focus on the nature of each series of cars and requirements i.e. De Dion Workshop.

This months we have been fortunate to have assistance of Mr David Wright to help with organising a first for us - a Garage Visit to Historic and Vintage Restorations.  We had short notice on this one but managed to put it all together.

As numbers are strictly limited, we have all spots taken up with club members who are the owners of classic and historic Alfa Romeo's.  The afternoon will involve information and discusssions regarding high end restoration of these vehicles.

Note: Notwithstanding this, we will organise another Restoration Day/Night to ensure other club members have the chance to attend - probably late may or June.

Regards.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Evan Bottcher

So this notice is to tell us that an evening is happening, but we're not invited?  :P
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

AikenDrum105

Hee hee - I'd got halfway and was thinking 'Wow ! this would be fantastic to .. oh .. full.. '

But I'll keep an eye out for the next one !

Cheers,
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

pep105

:D Same here ahh yep wait for the next one !

I could organise a visit to my garage but I dont think anyone would turn up..................Ive got beer though and.........coffee..........

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

John Hanslow

The limited bookings that were available have been taken up by members (and others) with a direct inteerst in historic Pre WW2 cars.    More of an high end resto I assume.

Any canellations and advices will be made. 

Evan, its not ideal and was not planned that way, so we will organise another function as an acknowledgement to - and to cater for the general interest and needs of the other club members. 

I will seek a location that caters for 105 series and post 60's vehicles and already have few ideas.  BBQ and pizza may be on offer.

As for a garage - I have a beer / wine fridge in mine so I am pretty sorted.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

ALFA156DALE

So basicly if your not one of the locals/people who think they are important on the alfa forum and spend all day on here,
bad luck you miss out. its just a bit tipical of this forum to do this sort of stuff. And we are after more people to join up,
pfft what a joke and good luck guys with improving the numbers of members!
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

AikenDrum105

I was outraged !

Quote from: John Hanslow on February 10, 2011, 04:49:40 PM
BBQ and pizza may be on offer.

But now I'm hungry......  must ... fight .... stereotype ....

All jokes aside,  I know where you're coming from John.  I hope it goes well and opens the door for a few more !

Cheers,
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Whoa Alfa156Dale.  The club existed a long time before the internet, and the registers also.  This is an event organised for the Vintage and Classic Register, they could clearly only support limited numbers, I don't see what the problem is.  Probably half the register members don't even come on this forum, so I don't know what you mean by "people who think they are important on the alfa forum".

My post was meant just as a chuckle at the nature of the announcement, all is good with me John.  Lots of good events and register activity this year - great stuff.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi John,
My compliments to you and the other organisers of this interesting excursion. One of the great aspects of the club is that we have so many keen Alfisti whose interests span the decades of models and activities, i.e sprint days, EMRs, motorkhanas etc. We have an eclectic group of members and the diversity of the club is it's strength.
For example, I am fascinated with, and admire, the hotted up Alfas that I see at Spettacolo that have so much attention to detail and mechanical precision.
John, thank you for your considerable efforts and passion.
Best Regards
Phil

ALFA156DALE

I understand but why post something like this, in my opinion this is like rubbing salt into a wound, saying its full is like saying bad luck all other alfa members you missed out on coming better luck next time! A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE THIS SOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSTED. i have interest in all alfa models and iam sure most of the other alfa members do aswell, so why should this be reserved to members that own the cars, i know its got nothing to do with you guys since you didnt organise the event, so why post it?
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

massiveluvbuddy67

Being presumptuous and speaking on behalf of John,
I think the the last sentence is the point of John's email...

"Note: Notwithstanding this, we will organise another Restoration Day/Night to ensure other club members have the chance to attend - probably late may or June."

He has floated the opportunity and I am sure a PM to John will reserve a position for the next event.
Best Regards
Phil

ALFA156DALE

i know what you guys mean i just dont understand why this was posted it isnt nesesary
to any of us since we can not go. I know there is more chances for other club nights,
but there is no need to post this if we can't go.
sorry if iam offending anyone (which by the sounds of it iam) but this is just my opinion
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: pep105 on February 10, 2011, 04:14:03 PM
I could organise a visit to my garage but I dont think anyone would turn up..................Ive got beer though and.........coffee..........

Sweet.  What time?

pep105

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark