WTB - 1976 Alfetta GTAm (tipo 116) 2litre SPICA

Started by Cool Jesus, January 27, 2011, 11:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV6SA

The Evan Green Brut 33 rally car was not Grp. 4 but an Autodelta Grp. 2 car as I have a close association with the Autodelta mechanic's family that serviced the car while it was run  in the South pacific rally series

AikenDrum105

Quote from: Cool Jesus on February 06, 2011, 04:02:26 PM
... I've come up trumps.

I love it when a plan comes together !!

Well done,  can't wait to see how the resto goes !

Cheers,
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

116gtv

That engine bay pic looks promising, John. Good luck with it mate.. ;)

GoldCLoverLeaf

If you need any help with the SPICA mechanical injection (which is pretty much a given), Wes Ingram is your man, he rebuilds them to perfection. They also have a SPICA manual available if you are brave enough!

http://www.wesingram.com/hp.htm

Cool Jesus

Quote from: GoldCLoverLeaf on February 14, 2011, 02:48:39 PM
If you need any help with the SPICA mechanical injection (which is pretty much a given), Wes Ingram is your man, he rebuilds them to perfection. They also have a SPICA manual available if you are brave enough!

http://www.wesingram.com/hp.htm

Thanks mate, already onto it. The previous owner had it rebuilt in 2002, however the plans I have for the engine will require some larger metering so unless there's a local solution Wes' shop will be getting his rebuild back again. I'm picking the car up in the next few days so I'll post a few more relevant photos which I ommitted to get in my excitement at finding the in-law's Alfa.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Cool Jesus

Mentioned earlier in the thread that I got the go ahead for this project due to a recent restoration of my daughters 2001 Ford KA. Here's what convinced the wife to let me do another
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Cool Jesus

Seems my daughter's mario kart stands out like dogs balls. Had a fellow aflista wish me luck this morinign on the rebuild. Thanks amte, didn't quite catch your name or ride.

Anyhow, 9/10ths...Finally picked up the Alfetta today. Here's the compliance plate for prosperity.

I also had a quick look as it was getting dark. I read somewhere in one of the many forum threads during my search a discussion about where the fuel tank was located on these GT's. As the photo depicts its in the boot directly behind the rear seats.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, however I'll probably move on from here now that I've located the car. Shall post a relevant link for additional photos of the car during its glory days when I manage to covertly raid mum and dad's photos. I'll also add a link for the restoration in the appropriate forum.

Thanks again Alfisti, for all your input and discussions.

PS... I'm still interested in locating any further GTAm shells. SO let me know if you come across another one.
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

aggie57

Hi  8)

That tank position is a result of the Pinto case.  That's the one where Ford notoriously decided not to rectify an issue with the Pinto that allowed the rear mounted fuel tank to be punctured in a rear end collision as the cost of defending any resulting liabilty cases would be less than the cost of doing the rectification.  It's why all cars now have fuel tanks ahead of the rear axle.

I'm pretty sure the US 75's (Milano's) also had the "gas" tank in the same place for the same reason.

Alister
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Cool Jesus

For the forum members that have been watching this space I can now place my efforts into the restoration of Mum and Dad's Alfetta. Its been a very long year with Uni and family, as mentioned at the start of this thread the Alfetta was initially a gift for Mum from Dad back in the early 80's, as there was indications that Mum's heart would give in. Recently, we have been struck by Murphy again and Mum is returning to the operating table for a third round in February. The news was obviously ill received at home and although I have an optimistic outlook on life, there is the hint that Mum may not make it. It would have been my preference to present car as a finished restoration to them, instead on Christmas day we gave mum and dad a powerpoint presentation on what I have planned with a couple of photos. Needless to say, they were absolutely gob smacked.

So, if you'd like to keep tabs on the restoration here's the thread link:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=8122.0

I'll also have plenty of questions for forum members throughout the build and hopefully I'll be able to start of some good discussions – as I'm also putting together a small book on the build for Dad to give him  an idea of the work that went into it, along with a short historical chapter on Alfa and the birth of this 'Bathurst Special' Alfetta (have I gone too far in saying that).

I'd like to also have input from the forum during the build so I'll include polls on colours and trim decisions for the Alfetta.

Anyway, see you on the new thread. ;D
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS