Rescued Alfa 75 - I feel like I've been to the RSPCA - that's A for Alfa

Started by Mark Baigent, January 20, 2011, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Baigent

It's amazing what you find when you respond to a one line newspaper ad ... this '86 2.5lt V6 Alfa 75 was sitting in a paddock in 1.5 mts of grass, unstarted or run for 2 years .... got into hands that simply couldn't afford to fix a cam which was one cog retarded .... the 'as found' oxidized paintwork over the entire car is exemplified by the bonnet before and after photo. Interior very dirty but undamaged. Engine impossible to tell, but not one oil leak !! - no seriously not one !. Body accident free, Took a punt .... based on careful observations ... $1,100 passed hands. Full recommission of engine, 8 hand polishes to recondition paint, full interior clean, engine detail, home paint job on bumpers and body strips, and off to enjoy Tassie's roads over Christmas period - 2000 klms later it's still driving perfectly with not one squeak or rattle and an engine and drive train that runs like new. Must have been my lucky day ! ... and to think it was going to the wreckers if it wasn't sold ! 

Miss Alfa Sprint

Wow what a find!  :o  and great work on the restoration,  i love the last photo! Amazing landscape you have there in Tasmania!
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/