AROCA DECA Motorkhana

Started by a sharp, July 16, 2007, 07:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

I withdrew from this event after 2 test's due to a bit of rubber flying off my car, it turned out to be a piece of a donut.

The good news....my donut's are fine, nothing wrong with them at all!

The bad news....1. I didnt need to finish my day early & 2. someone else's donut is not as healthy.

Just a word of warning to whoever else was there on the day, you might want to have a look under your car over the weekend (especially if you will be running at Sandown!!)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Colin Byrne

Phill that sucks!!!

However it's fairly impressive then that whosever it was got through the entire day going flat out with no catastrophic failure

Better check my car when I get home.....
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Victor Lee

That's circumstantial evidence for you!  We all saw that chunk of rubber coming out of Phil's car during one of the tests....we just naturally assumed it was from Phil's car!

Whomever it was, they would have surely heard a "bang" and a some sort of vibration afterwrads???  So, who is it??
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Evan Bottcher

Victor after Mallala I think you're quite familiar with that bang and some sort of vibration...  I saw your donut (pieces thereof) flying across the back straight.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

scott.venables

I found a donut chunk sitting on the transaxle crossmember when it was out.  I think I'll check mine tomorrow just in case.