AROCA DECA Motorkhana

Started by a sharp, July 16, 2007, 07:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a sharp

Sunday September 23

Shepparton DECA Motorkhana

Yes it time to come out and have a ball on DECA's wet skid pan. The DECA Motokhana action will kick off at 8am with a BBQ breakfast on site with the Motorkhana scheduled to start at 9am. Start time will of course be entirely dependent upon the health and well being of those who participated in the visit to Angelo Grasso's Cellar 47 restaurant the night before and whether they will be capable of getting moving early enough on the Sunday morning. The BBQ facilities will be available for anyone to use throughout the day and tea and coffee facilities will also be available throughout the day. Supp Regs out soon on the AROCA web site.

CarloG

I have never done a MotorKhana and I am considering the one in September, can someone please tell me what it is all a bout.  Also do I need to set up my race car (Alfa 33 16V) in any different way ???

Thank you in advance

Carlo

alfagtv58

Hi Carlo,

No time at the moment, but I will try to give a comprehensive reply either tonight or tomorrow morning.....
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Tristan Atkins

Do we know what paterns/sequences we will be running?

I'm keen to enter our cars from uni in the special catagory. However they don't have reverse gear so it might be a problem.

Cheers,

Tristan

a sharp

Carlo
The 33 should do fine in a motorkhana, and shouldn't require much work if any to do one, these events are suited to cars like 33's and Sud's. A motorkhana coures is normaly conduted in area not much bigger then a 30m X 30m box which has a coures set out in whiches caps, which have to be driven around following a percribed path.

The result is determaned by time, but time penilties apply for going the wrong way or displacing a whitches cap, or over shoting stops. So it is all about being able to drive the coures as quickly and accuately as you can. Motorkhanas are a load of fun so I would encourage anyone who hasn't done one to give it a go. Entry froms can be downloaded from the link on the Home page of this web site.

Anthony

alfagtv58

Thanks Anthony....I completely forgot I said I would write something on this one (sorry Carlo)!!

Tristan,

I think it would be tough to do a motorkhana without reverse....maybe on a seperate post you could show us the uni specials?
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Victor Lee

Whilst this is an AROCA event, for AROCA members, other members of car clubs can attend.  However, as this is our day, we shouldn't necessarily have to change how we plan to run the day (ie type of tests) to suit non Alfas and non AROCA members.

Can Anthony or Phil advise which class our 159 3.2lt goes into?  Surely not Class E !!  When I last spoke about this for the previous motorkhana, Edward reckons our car should go into Class C? 

Class A. Long wheelbase, rear wheel drive, over 2336 mm.
Class B. Short wheelbase, rear wheel drive, under 2336 mm.
Class C. Long wheelbase, front wheel drive
Class D. Short wheelbase, front wheel drive, (127, 128, etc.)
Class E. Specials, ( Manufacturer's silhouette and mechanicals, lightened, highly modified.)
Class F. Rails, ( Purpose built, non bodied.)

Thanks

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

a sharp

Victor
Currently it would be class E, but i think we should create a class for AWD as all new V6 alfas are AWD. I don't know were this case structure in the supp regs came from. It would be safe to say we won't see any Rails. I will forward this on to Branko who did the supp regs with a recommendation that further reg should be issued including  revised cases, AASA don't seem have any class structure for Motorkhana's in Comp rules so this shouldn't be a problem as long as time permits the change.

Anthony

a sharp

Barry and Andrew Thankyou for the best weekend, all that where there are still carrying a grin ear to ear, the weekend was about as much fun as you can have with your pants on. To those who missed out, be there next time you just don't know how much fun you missed. Big thanks to all who helped and thank you to Andrew for the use of the Lotus on the Ob run and Dave for the 295khw FPV Ute for the motorkhana, not the quickest car out there but far more fun and sideways then anything on the day. Motorkhana Results are in the download section.

Colin Byrne

Absolutely, I've never had so much fun with a hangover.  To all those that stayed in bed on Sunday, you don't know how much fun you missed out on!!  I think old bluey went through more oil than petrol but didn't do to bad for a clapped out 105 (and how much fun were those tripple circles!)
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Brad M

Thanks to all the organizers and participants it was a great day, with a respectable showing from the boxers.

When is the next one? I am already recruiting.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

alfagtv58

It was a great weekend wasn't it!  Observation run on Saturday through some fantastic country roads that you ordinarily would not see, followed by a visit to a winery in the afternoon and dinner that night (and arguing about the correct answers on the Ob run!!).  Then the motorkhana on Sunday....what more could a car tragic want :D

Unfortunately I didn't get to do much of the 'khana due to a misbehaving doughnut.....but lunch was good!
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

I am a little confused about the results, why dont all the competitors have 10 results being added up in the totals column ??? (Not that it will make any difference to my woeful tally!!)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brad M

Yeah the minor results, being the times did look weird, but the major results being a load of fun still stand.

Can't wait to see the ute out again!!
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

alfagtv58

Yeah, and Damian spending the whole day bouncing off the rev limiter lol.
2009 159 JTS Ti