Free Alfetta :(

Started by Mat Francis, January 11, 2011, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

As per the title, I'm hoping to give someone this project rather than scrap it. I had every intention of finishing it myself, but simply don't have the money or storage for it anymore.

Car is a 78 model, and "sort of" runs. All the rust has been cut out of it and new metal welded in, for pictures, see this thread http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=1479.15

Plenty more info on request.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

bt46

Your not giving away my old red alfetta are you Matt lol. Did the red alfetta replace this white one?

Mat Francis

Nah don't stress Dean, this "yellow" one has to go, so that your red one gets a better home. The white one's got the TS gear in it, and is my road car for the moment, while i fix up a 90 as a more civilized daily. Too many cars!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

bt46

All good mate i was just glad it went to a good home (other than burrows the destructo lol). Thats a solid little car and even though its not real straight that paint job was very extensive with lots of bare metal and about 1000 bucks worth of 2 pac product on it. PM me if you ever have any questions as to what the hell i did what for to fit the V6 running gear.

DADSGIULIA

hi i know its free but has it got a motor?

dehne

chuck up some pics opf the 90 ur fixing,
good to see that ur heading in the right direction
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

deano

bt 46, I don't know how you managed to spell legend incorrectly....  ;D That little alfetta had the honour of sharing the backyard with my 75 for a while. Glad also that shes home safe now.

Keep the white one as the roady Matty! And find yourself a nice 3.0 for the red one and get stuck into it! I wanna be getting passed by you by the end of the year. If you want something civilised I know of where you can pick yourself up a clean el futura that just had a head gasket replaced.... Dunno about the guy who fixed it though  :-\

'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

bt46

destructo you should start collecting these free shells for all your write offs lol

Tooey

Haha it's actually an EF Deano.

It's running fine and will continue to as long as I don't let you touch it.

Do really need to get rid of it soon tho...time is running out!
Current:
75 3.0L
75 2.5L track car (shared with dad)
EF Falcon Futura...I want it gone!

Previous:
33 1.7QV
ford laser

Mat Francis

Cheers Dean, I'll definitely have a few questions in the future, so that would be great. Also will have to arrange to give you the steering wheel back too at some point.

Quote from: DADSGIULIA on January 11, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
hi i know its free but has it got a motor?

Yes. If you are going to take it on as a project, it will come as a complete car, minus the carbies. Mechanically it is still complete, just needs screens, dashboard and interior fitted, all of which i can provide with it.

I am not going to part it out though. If no one is going to take it whole, I'm going to be cutting repaired panels out of it and keeping them for future use. This seems a bloody waste though, when the body has had so much work done to it already.

Burrows: I've got enough to worry about without your enthusiasm and expensive advice mate. Let's go camping soon.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Darryl

I'm really interested in this to save rust repair work on my turbo Alfetta. I'm also minus an interior and various other bits after things became a bit wet and muddy... Have sent pm and email.

Have you got pics of it as it is now?

Mat Francis

Hi Darryl,

Sent you an email with current pictures.

Forgot to mention that I don't have a good dashboard for it. I've got one in another car which you are welcome to, but it's very sad.
And also didn't mention the interior; it's not in the car, but i have everything you will need in the shed.

And yes, if you are going to go to the effort of saving the car, it is all free. (On the condition you send me progress photos every now and then  :))
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

enzo1891

hi mat
you still have that alfetta?
what is your phone number

Mat Francis

Unfortunately the plans for it have fallen through.

It is still here, and if it's not taken in the next fortnight, i will be cutting it up.

0415 765 129
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

1969read

Mat l still have a ((free)) front 90 bumper in storage Jason ;D