2 and 3 April: GREAT Macedon Ranges Grand Tour and Sunday Show’n Shine

Started by John Hanslow, January 20, 2011, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

Hurry up and book or you will the miss the boat !

QuoteWe are experiencing a higher than usual enrolment in this years Tour and because I have reserved a dozen places for Alfas I am just giving you an early warning. Entries close 8 March unless we reach one hundred cards before that date. Please let me know if there is anything you need me to do. Obviously I don't want Alfisti to miss out.

The Club has been invited to attend the Great Macedon Ranges Grand Tour, from Saturday 2nd April, where this year we will be the featured marque at the Show'n Shine. The Tour is open to all makes and models of car or motorcycle, from family sedans to exotic sports cars, 25 years old or more.
The Tour will cover about 240 kilometres, and there is the option of a route specially tailored for classic and vintage vehicles.

The Club will be organising a display at the Sunday Show'n Shine as we are the featured marque.  
Please confirm your involvement by contacting Barry Williams.  

Start time: 10.00am Sunday, 3rd April
Phone: (03) 5441 5835
Email: barryandjennywilliams@gmail.com
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

John Hanslow

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Sheldon McIntosh

A link to the event's website......http://www.macedonrangesgrandtour.com.au/index.htm

Branko and I did this event last year in his GTA Junior and it really is an excellent drive, with great food and coffee along the way.  I can highly recommend this event, especially since Branko and I did convince them to make Alfa the featured marque for this year.  Here is a link to the report I wrote for Allegerita if anyone who hasn't read it is interested...http://www.macedonrangesgrandtour.com.au/alleggerita.pdf

I might do it in the Shitbox Mario Speedwagon this year, to see what will break 6 weeks out from the rally.

Evan Bottcher

Well there is "the option of a route specially tailored for vintage vehicles."  :P
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

John Hanslow

Also in addition to the above Tour and for general compliance purposes, this aspect will be included in more of the club's forthcoming events:  

Quote"the option of a route specially tailored for vintage vehicles."  

We may see more of Sheldon's car prior to the big event, say at the next EMR.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 147 Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata