Backspace/offset for 6.5' wide rims

Started by Jekyll and Hyde, July 02, 2007, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jekyll and Hyde

Eyeing off a set of 15 x 6.5 rims with a measured 4.5 inch backspace, which I work out to be about 32mm offset....  Anyone got any views on whether these will fit a 116 series GTV? 

Failing that, what are outer pieces of rim worth for 3 piece rims - may be economical to swap the outers around...

Alan Hopla

Hi,

I just had a look at a standard early 80's 116 GTV 15x6 wheel.
The backspace is 135mm or 5.3 inches. Thats from the back of the hub mount to the very inner edge of the rim.

That looks to be about 0.8 inches more backspace than your wheel, so that side shouldn't be a problem.
The outer edge of your wheel will be that 0.8 + another 0.5 (for the wider rim), so 1.3 inch further out than standard.
Don't know how that will go with fouling the guards?

Alan.

Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

Jekyll and Hyde

Excellent....  I should have the 1.5 inches pretty easy, looking at my current wider-than-stock tyres, and if it sits further out than what I have, thats fine.  Thats what guard rollers were invented for!

My main concern was that the rim may be moved too far inwards, which would look pretty stupid....  Cheers!

BennieDaBlade

Hello Folks,

Does anybody know off hand what the standard offset is for an 84 Guilietta is? Or is it the same as some of the more popular 4x98 PCD models?? I did a quick search, and a longer one on the net and didn't find anything definite.

Cheers

Nigel

Ross Flood

Standard offset for 15x6 alloys on Giulietta's is 45mm.