WTB: 1.8 Nord

Started by BradGTV, November 03, 2010, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradGTV

anyone have a 1.8 litre nord they want to sell?
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Mat Francis

Sure do. Good strong one. Have a look back through the for sale section if your interested
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Storm_X

whats the reason for the 1.8??

i had two but i gave them away
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Balocco

What is this thing about calling Alfa twin cam engines Nord??.  what an insult to the Alfa name,because all Alfa twin cam engines ever made(prior to the Fiat takeover and subsequent blandness of Alfas),were all made in Milan. The Alfasud engine has nothing in common to the Alfa Romeo Bialbero,or twin cam engine.  I wonder who it was that started this idiotic appelation,of Nord,making one think that there nust be a Sud somewhere.  I doubt most people know what Nord means in Italian (North). The most pointless part about this is that if you go to Italy and ask a spare parts dealer or any Alfa enthusiast there,none of them will know what you are talking about,if you ask them about the Nord engine. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Present
1971 Giulia Super
1975 2000 GTV Automatic
!975 Citroen DS 23 Pallas

Past
1967 Giulia Super bollino d'oro
1970 1750 Berlina
1974 Alfetta 1.8 sedan
1986 Alfa 90 2.5

BradGTV

iam a member of the bb and the gtv6 forum and eveyone when refering to the single plug engine calls it a nord! so its what i and many other people call them to make sure we are not refering to the twinspark. most members of the forums are from america or europe and they all refer to the single plug engine as a nord.

do you have a 1.8 engine for sale? no, so start a new topic in general discussion if you want a more valid reason!

storm - at this stage, i would prefer to turbo a 1.8 rather than a 2.0 because the can handle a bit more boost reliably.
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Storm_X

Quote from: BradGTV on November 21, 2010, 07:33:08 PM
iam a member of the bb and the gtv6 forum and eveyone when refering to the single plug engine calls it a nord! so its what i and many other people call them to make sure we are not refering to the twinspark. most members of the forums are from america or europe and they all refer to the single plug engine as a nord.

do you have a 1.8 engine for sale? no, so start a new topic in general discussion if you want a more valid reason!

storm - at this stage, i would prefer to turbo a 1.8 rather than a 2.0 because the can handle a bit more boost reliably.

If you planing to run 2bar PSI then yes a 1.8 is stronger but unless your not i wouldnt myself.
Running a 1.8 at high PSI means forged pistons. or TS rods good for 1bar mabye more
Or a 2.0 With TS pistons. Cheaper option witch im doing as i dont need 3,4 or 500 horsepower

BradGTV

yes you are right,
but..
im not lowering the compression ratio, so i need all the reliablility i can get, thicker liners is a big plus in my book  ;) and with infomation from jim k regarding factory 1.8 turbo engines, it seems the ideal way to go, plus using the stock cr, good fuel and spark control i can make enough power than what the transaxle can take anyway ;)

Storm_X

i checked out the TS over the weekend and i was just thinking if you where still intrested in it ?

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Storm_X on November 21, 2010, 08:23:00 PM

If you planing to run 2bar PSI then yes a 1.8 is stronger but unless your not i wouldnt myself.

What exactly is 2 bar PSI?  Does it let you do 200 MPH Km/H?

Storm_X

2bar is 28.4 PSI

my stock giulietta done 200Km/h so im sure with that amount of boost it should.

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Storm_X on November 22, 2010, 08:31:35 PM
2bar is 28.4 PSI

my stock giulietta done 200Km/h so im sure with that amount of boost it should.

How many horsepower kilowatts do you reckon you'll get?

Incidentally, when I convert 2 bar into PSI I get 29.....

Storm_X

well i spoke to two guys in qld running a 2.0 and 1.8  on 2 bar and they where pulling out 300+ rwkw.

1bar is 14.7 PSI

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Storm_X on November 22, 2010, 09:38:22 PM
well i spoke to two guys in qld running a 2.0 and 1.8  on 2 bar and they where pulling out 300+ rwkw.

1bar is 14.7 PSI

2 times 14.7 comes out at 29.4 on my calculator, not 28.4.  The conversion factor that I find by searching google gives me 14.5 PSI for every 1 bar.....

Furthermore, can I suggest standing on tiptoes?  Or perhaps some stilts?

Storm_X

yes sorry i was ment to put 29.4. i wasnt thinking yesterday, thats what happens when you spend 10 hours spray paiting in a booth at 37deg all day.