ES30 alfa SZ/RZ

Started by ARQ164 Shane, October 28, 2010, 08:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARQ164 Shane

Hello,
Does anyone know of a ES30 in aust? I was emailing a guy in germany's alfa club about one and I became interested to know was some in australia. He said there was one on a ship on its way now.

Cheers Shane :)
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

Jekyll and Hyde

There has been at least one in the country for quite some time, it was running at the Alfa Island event at the start of the year, and was the safety car at the Winton 6 hour this weekend just gone.

dehne

we all want one of those that is my dream car sporty yet it says get the fu(k out of my way
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Repco Lad

I was at Rankin's the other week and he had both the SZ and the TZ1 there. Both very different, but both awesome in their own right.

Stroke of luck to see two magic Alfas up close (relatively). I needed a smoke and a lie down afterwards...

RL

echo1750

Hi,
There are 2 SZ here in Aust. at present, one in Melbourne & the other here in Hobart.

There may be another on the way out from Europe. Ed van den Beek, who runs the SZ/RZ register told me in August that he had heard of an SZ on the way to Australia from Belgium, as yet I haven't heard of its' arrival.

Regards, Kim

Here is an extract out of his email:

.... at the moment there will be also a Belgium SZ imported into Australia,....

SZ,..with new tyres is different from what even you drove before I think,.... cornering above 1 G is spectacular and addicting to most of the owners.

I started the registers about 11 years ago and I have to check paper copies to see how far back your car goes...

Documentation at Zagato is nothing at all....after they went broke a few times papers / archifes disappeared also and they are asking me now things they need to know about the SZ / R's.

ARQ164 Shane

hello all,
So there are 3 luck persons in aust
love to see one up close.
one more word on this ;AWESOME
HAVE A NICE DAY .

(Green eye monster is watching) LOL
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car

massiveluvbuddy67

There will be one at Spettacolo this year on 14 November.

I am still looking for an Alfa Sub and an Alfa Sprint for the 100 Year Walk.
Please PM me asap. I am trying to finalise.

John Hanslow

Yes, I hope to see there a ES30 SZ and a TZ as well. 

How about an interstate trip to check it out ?  Should be a good weekend.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Micheloaks

Old thread reprisal , as a search,  does not appear to offer more?

Simple Q. How many SZ Il Mostros are
Thought To be resident in Australia ?

bazzbazz

Qld Club President has an SZ.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Quote from: bazzbazz on June 26, 2020, 12:49:29 PM
Qld Club President has an SZ.

..... and it's much smaller in person than you might imagine (The SZ)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

aggie57

One sold this week on BaT for $43k USD:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-alfa-romeo-sz-7/

Maybe the market for these has softened a little in the current economy. Good time to buy maybe....
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Victor Lee

There were total of 1036 SZs and 278 RZs ever made.

According to the international ES30 SZ/RZ register, there are 14 SZs and 3 RZs in Australia.
But of course the register is as only accurate as the info provided by old/new owners when the car is bought/sold. 
I know of at least one car on that list that hasn't been updated yet.  That car is still in Australia.

Also of the 14 SZs, 4 are owned by car traders whom import the cars, use them for a while and then move them on.  1 of the 3 RZs are also in this category.

So there are 17 SZs/RZs in Australia, with I think most in Victoria (7 SZs inc the trader cars and 2 RZs) but not 100% sure as I don't where all the other owners live.

I recalled that the market popped up around 2015.  This is possibly connected with the USA 25 year car import rules, thereby the cars could be imported to the USA.  Cars at least doubled in value around this time (even tripled?).

So Aggie is correct that the market has softened now.  Good opportunity for you, Al if another one pops up?  :D  But you may hit the headlining.  Not built for tall people!

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

aggie57

Quote from: Victor Lee on June 28, 2020, 12:09:44 PM
There were total of 1036 SZs and 278 RZs ever made.

According to the international ES30 SZ/RZ register, there are 14 SZs and 3 RZs in Australia.
But of course the register is as only accurate as the info provided by old/new owners when the car is bought/sold. 
I know of at least one car on that list that hasn't been updated yet.  That car is still in Australia.

Also of the 14 SZs, 4 are owned by car traders whom import the cars, use them for a while and then move them on.  1 of the 3 RZs are also in this category.

So there are 17 SZs/RZs in Australia, with I think most in Victoria (7 SZs inc the trader cars and 2 RZs) but not 100% sure as I don't where all the other owners live.

I recalled that the market popped up around 2015.  This is possibly connected with the USA 25 year car import rules, thereby the cars could be imported to the USA.  Cars at least doubled in value around this time (even tripled?).

So Aggie is correct that the market has softened now.  Good opportunity for you, Al if another one pops up?  :D  But you may hit the headlining.  Not built for tall people!

Correct, a tight fit for me but you too Victor :).  But my new white toy arrives in a couple of weeks so that's me done with car buying for a while......
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list