ideas for rear end set up

Started by dehne, September 21, 2010, 09:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

hi sheldon
the father inlaw is going to do the roll centre change for me as he has done a few in his time he showed me how to do it before but i prefer someone who has accuatly done it, and yes have a few spare rear ends so im going to do 2 of them never hurts to have a spare one modified and ready to go, what camber do you have on urs,
as for all the other guys that have comented on this subject thanks heaps and i think i will look into a few other options, and i will start ordering all new poly bushes soon and do the whole car just want to get the rear done before dec for my next play,
as for ur post MD the father inlaw is going to build a new race car from scratch using alfa 90 running gear with a mid mount engine so this could certainly help him, will have to look at it further though may not suit his needs
will keep posted as i go on
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: dehne on October 04, 2010, 09:58:04 AM
hi sheldon
the father inlaw is going to do the roll centre change for me as he has done a few in his time he showed me how to do it before but i prefer someone who has accuatly done it, and yes have a few spare rear ends so im going to do 2 of them never hurts to have a spare one modified and ready to go, what camber do you have on urs,

Ah okay, there's where the confusion is.  Changing the roll-centre has no effect on camber.  You need to cut-and-shut the tube to change camber (or apply heat apparently).  Neither of which sound like an easy job.

dehne

changing roll center and camber at same time pointless doing 1 with out the other
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

dehne

have ordered new poly bushes for every thing as well as braided brake lines for only $140 pretty happy with that
hoping to get everything soon so i can get it finished
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past