1300 GT Junior

Started by 1300-GT-Junior, September 07, 2010, 11:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1300-GT-Junior

The car is getting towed on Tuesday so the process can begin! This has been occupying my mind for weeks now so it will be a great feeling to start the process.

1300-GT-Junior

Just a question guys, I have been reading a bit about cam belts on this forum.
I assume mine will need replacing as the car has not been properly driven in 9 years is that correct?

Or would you get a mechanic to inspect the belt and see?

Thanks guys

SimonR

Your engine has timing chains and Not timing belts so no need to worry about this part.
1973 Alfa Spider - Red
1984 GTV 2.0 - White

1300-GT-Junior

Thanks very much for the prompt response.

The car has been at the mechanics for about 3 weeks and has been gone through.
I think I have new rotors/pads, the rear suspension needed a fair bit of work. I also had a broken choke cable and a leak in the master brake cylinder.

Not sure what else has been done, is yet to be done.

1300-GT-Junior

My carburetors have just been sent for reconditioning. The mechanic tried for a fair while apparently but said they were no good.

Time of hopefully 1-2 more weeks.

BradGTV

just out of interest who is your mechanic?
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

1300-GT-Junior

Thanks for the help so far with respect to the fuel etc.

There is a slight electrical issue at the moment. All the lights work, however sometimes the parking lights stay on after the car
is switched off. This obviously drains the battery.

What is the best way to approach the issue? What are the likely problems?

Thanks forum, I got to drive the car about 50 metres today, my first 50 metres, I think I am hooked already.

bix

Hi & love the Junior.  I had a 1300 Junior during my Uni years and loved every minute of it. I agree with Derek on getting it on the road as soon as you can and enjoying it before getting into serious restoration work. These cars are a joy to drive, and surprising even today how well they handle.