Picked up another 2.5 75. What to do?

Started by 75Guy, August 29, 2010, 09:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

75Guy

As my other project 75 drags on I have picked up another early 2.5 75 to play with. Body is average but running gear is top notch, engine is great.

Confirmed timing belt change 10,000 kilometres ago.

Now I just wanted a bit of advice as to what to do to make it a bit more fun to drive. I have gone through Greg Gordon's tune up guide which makes it all run a bit nicer and it needs new spark plug leads (5 are so old that theres no lettering on the worn rubber, one is red(???) and the coil is bosch but missing the boot to hold it on the coil!), changed the spark plugs after much swearing and cleaned/degreased to my hearts content.

Now my question is given that I have done the basic service kind of thing what could I sink approximately $2000 into? I would like to re-do the cat-back exhaust as the centre muffler has a couple of holes and it would be nicer if there were some stiffer shocks on board. However that should only set me back half of my budget (trade prices are excellent, thanks for asking!). So where to go with it?

Any suggestions much appreciated...

Typhoon90

Good adjustable shocks, springs and torsion bars. Good mufflers (replace the cat with a higher flow type), urethane suspension bushes.
Any money left over, spend on good tyres.

Regards, Andrew.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Typhoon90 on August 29, 2010, 10:07:58 PM
Good adjustable shocks, springs and torsion bars. Good mufflers (replace the cat with a higher flow type), urethane suspension bushes.
Any money left over, spend on good tyres.

I don't think you'll get any better advice than that.  Oh, except for a huge wing on the back.