TZ 1 update

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, August 13, 2010, 06:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
A couple of people have asked me about the status of the TZ1 repairs post the accident at the Grand Prix in March. The accident was caused by the gearbox/diff locking up in 5th gear. There were reasons to be cheerfull though:
1. None of the cars in the event were hit. Think of the headlines if the TZ had collected the 159!
2. The damage was not overly severe and Monza Motors (led by Hugh) almost managed to get the car back on the track for the Saturday. We decided to err on the side of caution though as it was not quite right.

What has happened in last few months?
Well, having an aluminium body can be a blessing and a curse. It deforms easily but it is also reshaped easily. The drivers side has been repaired by someone very skilled in aluminium recommended by Paul Rankin. Paul has subsequently completed the respray. I managed to find a new RH indicator in Italy as the original was badly damaged.

Hugh has taken the gear box and diff apart. We have decided to put in an LSD and this will go to Vin Sharp for sorting.

Hugh and I are keen to get the car sorted and racing at Alfa sprint days etc. (Hugh will do the racing and I may venture into Regularity). Hopefully sorted soon.
It is at Hughs feel free to pop in for a look at progress.
Lastly the first picture is the car I think our replica has been based on 750087 in Holland. The second picture is our car. TZ1 replicas are a very controversial topic on the Alfa bb.
Best Regards
Phil

AikenDrum105

Hi Phil,

I had the good fortune to see the TZ 1 a few weeks ago while dropping off that old 4.56 diff..

* Wow *     The only thing missing was my fingerprints all over it :)

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi Scott,
I would love to see your Duetto one day. They are a very beautiful Alfa and quite collectable IMHO.
Please send through any snaps.
Best Regards
Phil

Sheldon McIntosh

Here you go Phil, this would make an interesting stablemate to your car.  http://www.collectioncar.com/detailed.php?ad=3246&category_id=1 

MD

Ah so !!! That's where the Alfetta GTV split dash came from !!

There's nothing new is there? (in a manner of speaking)

Thanks Sheldon.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

massiveluvbuddy67

Ahh, isn't it beautiful!
That works out at about AUD$359k before you ship it and pay 33c in the $ luxury car tax for every $ over AUD$58K. About $500k landed. (I would put it on club plates to avoid stamp duty though!)
Lets see I could sell the house, a couple of children, rob a bank...I am thinking of options!
;)

Neil Choi

Surely, a kidney is worth something.

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
Just letting people know that Hugh has been invited to have both the TZ1 and the Ignis GTV6 at the Top Gear showgrounds extravaganza this long weekend. So if you are going along say hello to Hugh!
Best Regards
Phil

Paul Gulliver

See you there Monday Arvo

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV