Ripper day at Winton - Thanks everyone

Started by paul edwards, August 08, 2010, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

Hi
Just had a ripper day at Winton to day, got to put names to faces, bloody great day. Thanks to everyone involved. M A G I C  ;D
Plenty of runs on the track, had a ball with Tristan in our last run (tanks mate) and his new weapon the 116 GTV ts. Beautiful job and well driven mate.
Cheers Paul

Tristan Atkins

Thanks Paul,

I also had a terrific time, especially during the last session! I thought you did so well on road tyres and a standard car that it put my effort to shame. I'll have to spend some more time dialling in the car for the next event.

Thanks also to Neil and all the organisers! It was nice to finally put my project to the track.

Cheers

Tristan

bonkfrog

Yeah, great day;some very spirited driving. As Paul said, it was good to meet a few people. Maybe someone could do something about the weather: perhaps a little cool. And then the track was a bit clogged up with MX5s.   ;D
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

Briggs

hey guys, just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who made the day possible. i joined the club last week and look forward to many more days like it. i was the guy in the #22 white skyline in group 1, discoverred that it is too heavy and has too much power for road tyres, car was a bit skittish. then had the brakes dissapear after the fluid boiled going into the hard right off the first straight (after the hairpins), was interesting to say the least. thanks also to Alex for letting me use his car for the rest of the day, cant wait to go again,

Paul ("Briggs", to save confusion)

Krishnan

I'll add a big thank you to the organisers as well.

What an awesome day! My poor 105 (I had the red 2000 coupe) is in need of a good brake bleed and a clean but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

I will definitely be up for a few more of these. And a big thanks to Paul as well who helped me out with spare fuses!

Anthony Miller

Lots of dry laps despite a late start, well done to the organisers and helpers for a quick check in and scrute, what a day. I found 13 seconds throughout the day with thanks to Frank and Greame, cheers blokes. I also found that the old grey nurse is more boat than shark and that I need to find a carton of HTFU re braking and turning in as I'm doing both way too early..
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Ads

Here's to another well-run event! 

Anthony, it was great to be in your run group, those last two sessions that I ran near to you were fun, we managed to get at least two laps without being hoovered by the MX5s!

My car started the day really well and progressively became more hot and bothered (old tyre and brake wise), so an early 2.00 lap was as good as it got for the day.  I pulled in part way into the long run because of a mystery rattle and upon returning to the pits noticed some smoke swirling through the rear wheels- cooked brakes judging by the smell, still not sure what the rattle was though.  Thankfully Mat Francis was nearby to jack up the car and have a look- I really should buy more tools (and a course in mechanical aptitude) if this is going to continue...
Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)

Krishnan

Random question time, does anyone remember the name/website of the photographer that was there trackside yesterday?

Mat Francis

Quote from: Ads on August 09, 2010, 01:04:13 PM
Thankfully Mat Francis was nearby to jack up the car and have a look

Taking advice from the fool who ran out of brake pads and pushed a piston out of said caliper- nice.  ;D
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Anthony Miller

Adam, cheers mate it was a blast, that last run with you was my fastest for the day.

Krishnan, the photographer's name is Steven Hendy stevenhendyphotography.com.au

Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Ben33

Thanks to everyone involved in making yesterday such a fun and well run event!
I had a ball in my mx-5 (white #5) with lots of good laps (except for when i got stuck behind one of those bloody slow Alfa's... :P)
I really enjoyed the longer session too, it was nice to be able to get into a good rhythm.

A mate of mine took a few photos, I'll put some of them up soon.
1985 Alfa 33 4x4 wagon
1990 Mazda MX-5
www.othersideproductions.com

Tristan Atkins

Hi Paul,

The tyres I'm currently using are a Federal RSR. Its supposed to be a compromise between a semi slick and a high performance tyre. They held up well during the shorter sessions but they did go a little greasy during the long session.

My recommendation for tyres would be the Kumho KU36. If you have 16" wheels you can get a tyre for about $150 ea. I wanted a set but Kumho have run out. They should have some more in soon. The lady in the white 180SX was running them. They also have a KU31 which is a high performance tyre which you can get for about $100 a corner.

As for the car its got all the Vin Sharp upgrades as well as vented discs all round. In reality it should be faster, I just need to muck around with the suspension set-up as well as more practice!

cheers,

Tristan

Joe Falcone

hi to all just wanted to put in my 2 bobs worth and say i also had a great day. back in the days when i started sprinting we didn't have as much happening on the web so all these posts, photos, videos add to the fun. thanks to everybody that contributes and see you at sandown           joe
1979 Alfetta GTV
1991 75 3.0 QV (potenziata)
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
2021 Stelvio Veloce