Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb - Sunday October 17.

Started by John Hanslow, August 06, 2010, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

"Display Day" Mount Tarrengower Hill Climb

Summary - Hill climb on Sunday - Alfisti & cars required with option for Saturday activities and overnight stay.

Date      :     Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th October 2010.

This event is promoted by the Vintage Sports Car Club of Victoria  (V.S.C.C.) and the Bendigo Car Club

An invitation has been extended to us by the organizers, to celebrate the 30th running of this historic hill climb, and to help celebrate the 100th year of the Alfa Romeo Marque featuring a static display of Alfa Romeo's.

We have a large "Alfa Banner" and would like Club members to bring along their cars for display and make a weekend of it in the country (travel time approx one and a half hours from the C.B.D.)
There is always an eclectic and interesting mix of cars competing including two club members namely Tony Norris and Paul Byrne both giving their 105's a run at the hill. Accommodation in Maldon is booked out for this weekend but I am prepared to organise accommodation with a Satuday evening dinner in
Castlemaine for any willing participants, Castlemaine is only 15 mins from Maldon and has a good selection of places to eat.  This promises to be a relaxing weekend with a convivial Saturday  evening dinner, mixed with a bit of motor sport along with an  interesting historic town to visit.

In closing I would encourage starters to consider a picnic basket lunch on the Sunday (don't forget to bring your folding chairs) as usual early notification is essential for accommodation and meal booking purposes.

Please contact Barry Williams :
Phone: (03) 5441-5835
Email   barryandjennywilliams@gmail.com
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

dehne

who is going to this event im going to give the grey 90 a wash and vac and take it across, pity that i wont have the shock fixed yet or the rust done (dam i hate working, but then got to pay for it some how) either way will be there on one day so which is the best day to be there (when most of you guys are there hopefully)

this week end
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

MELJTD

Hi,

I plan on heading up from Melbourne early sunday morning. If there are others going up on the sunday please let me know...would be nice to head up together (plus I'm shocking with direction)LOL :-*

Melissa

MELJTD

Thanks Paul:)!

We are all going 2 have so much fun, can't wait 2 drive beautiful roads & catch up with everyone again! I have to call Barry once I get to castlemaine, so no doubt u will all be together.

Looking forward 2 it!!

Cheers :-)

MEL (159)

dehne

great day at the hill climb, even better weather some really nice alfa's turned up and a lot of freakin loud cars with the hp to match it, good to see a few there pitty there were not more with there even being an article/breif history on the becoming of A.L.F.A and what it means ect,ect. and it was great to see the 3 105's running up the mountain
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Nicholas Rossi

Yep Really nice Alfa Romeos at the hill climb. I took my Alfetta GTV out and I really enjoyed the day. 

dehne

it was a nice looking gtv, had a quick look when you arrived and you vanished was going to have a chat, next time
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past