For Sale: Two 105 GTJ's ('73 and a '74)

Started by nomoreGTJ, July 30, 2010, 04:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomoreGTJ

The pic at the bottom of this message shows: Couple of good grilles and a couple bad ones. All are un-restored, so the good ones are not ever 'repaired' and have original rivets and clips. They would reshape easily except for the worst one. Brightwork 'good' or better.

----
Some notes about the sale of these cars (now parts only):

Of course I keep getting asked for prices, which I rarely will ever give. The reasons are a few.

One; I don't think I am a good place to get a price from, this is not my hobby or car type anymore.

Two; it isn't an earner for me as what I want is to see this stuff back into the hands of people interested in the cars. Therefore I am reluctant to spend even more time looking at things I don't want to look at to find prices that I can't agree or disagree with unless they are $0 or $silly. ('silly' meaning massive $; sellers putting junked parts forward as if they are long lost treasure) There are a couple of items that I have done this with and I wish now that I had not bothered.  

These reasons mean that I will accept an offer, if the interested person offers me an amount that I think proves the item is of some reasonable value to them.

----

As I have said earlier, without the time and the right people to talk to, I ended up selling the bodies and engines of both cars to a scrap metal dealer. (Due to giving the highest offer. It was worth more to them than the available dealers and collectors I spoke to) So they were thrown in the skip with detritus such as old fencing including chicken wire and bent old star posts.

That was in the face of contacting a wrecker that is in the neighbouring suburb to me, on a few occasions where time and my interest allowed (during almost 20 years), owned by someone who is not only a club member but a NSW official, IIRC.

All because the market price was $0 from him, after deciding the worth of the cars was equal to his pick-up fee. "Take them away at no cost to me!" It is sad that this seems to indicate that dealers can't get enough, often enough from owners of these cars.