For Sale: Two 105 GTJ's ('73 and a '74)

Started by nomoreGTJ, July 30, 2010, 04:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

nomoreGTJ

Answered PM's. Hopefully the last of this stuff will actually get into some cars, this next batch of time I put into it might be the last. Then again, the stuff could sit for a few more years, then Ill try again!

nomoreGTJ

Someone is enquiring about the dash (dashes, this is about the reconditioned one). I will get more info into here, later, for the other items being asked about.

Sorry for pic quality as I did it with a phone cam in near dark conditions.

The dash skin is in near perfect condition and is fully fitted at the moment with gauges, lights and switches all in good condition. The silver surrounds are about the only blemish. Instruments are all Jaeger. (have a set of V Borletti too)

nomoreGTJ

As usual, when I get asked for a part, and I have time, I photograph it and post it here.

Got 4 of these and all other door hardware from both cars, including 1 pair of small window frames - other than outside door handles of which I have only 3.

nomoreGTJ

The remaining gauges. Vegli Borletti. Also have the loom with toggle switches, lamps, and lenses. The badly deteriorated dash still available.

Two Carello tail light housings in good nick. One lense in good nick shown in P1050463.JPG. The other lense is cracked, near the rectangular insert (lense not pictured below but belongs to back shown in P1050468.JPG)

nomoreGTJ

Here are some other lights/lenses I decided to take pics of today. The Carello side lights are a mixed bag of not-much-good! Eberything else is good.

I have a near perfect set of 105 bumpers (never restored or repaired) to go with the number plate lights shown below. Over riders included in near perfect condition. The mounts for the bumpers and gaskets for all of the lights are here too - all in excellent condition.

As with most all of the things I had on the restored car, all chrome and metal was professionally polished, hence much of the bright stuff is still OK after nearly 20 years sitting in my shed.

nomoreGTJ

Still on offer are one lone Carello headlight, and a Matched pair, all un-restored 08.480.700 type headlamps in good condition:

There are other shots somewhere or I could just photograph them again. (PM answered)

nomoreGTJ

There is some interest in the lamps, should I put them on eBay with a bunch of better pics?

I had this in mind to do with the bumper bar set, since it is so good and nobody wants it here. The set of rubber floor/boot mats (everest) should go there too. I wouldn't be able to throw anymore of these cars out. The bodies and engines were a sorry sight going to the scrap metal dealer (person with highest offer)

--

More about the lamps:
Unrestored originals.

The glass is not chipped or cracked. I inspected the pair and didn't even see any scratches on the glass. The brown coating on the back of each has some flakes missing and surface rust. Both of the pair have some deterioration of the silvering inside.

There are three stainless rims, two in very good condition where only one of them has one small dint in it. The third is a little rough and really too dirty for me to assess.

There are two headlight housings in good condition including most, if not all, screws and lugs.

nomoreGTJ

Refer to other tail light pics above with this one, this is the cracked lens mentioned (only it's back is shown above):

ed. sorry for photo quality; night shot with torch!

nomoreGTJ

Blinkers, rims, radio, wipers. Self explanatory (for those in PM and email requests). Anyone else interested in the open thread here please just ask.

Michael B

Hi...
just sent you a pm re parts that I am chasing..
hope you can help out

yours

Michael B.
1950 Fordson Ten Ten Baker's Van
1964 105 series Guilia 1600
1970 105 series GTV 1750
1970 MGB Roadster V8

nomoreGTJ

Headlamp tabs. Washer bottle motor.

McAnnik

Hi all, Now that a pic of that peculiar little Carello headlight tab is on the board,if anyone has interest in fitting modern 7" H4s into those cars so equipped with those tabs, I have devised a method where the H4s can be fitted into the headlamp bucket without damage to any standard Alfa fittings.If any interest i will start another thread describing how you can DIY.... Thanks for putting up the pic Cameron, no, it wasnt me who enquired. Cheers.........Ian

nomoreGTJ

Nice idea Ian. Apologies to people that are midway in PMs with me about parts, I've been delayed over the last week and have managed to misplace the storage key too, so, nothing has been done. Will break the lock once I have a proper look for it and reckon it's gone.

nomoreGTJ

Anyone want or know what the assorted things are on the bag, so I deal with them? I came across them looking for something today and I forget what any of it is; it has been so long.

The grab handles in the other pics show two that are plain rubber and one lone one that has some silver stripes inlaid into the rubber. Among them are two good switches, and two not-so-good insulator plates. The metal is very good and the spring action is as well, as to be expected. I bet they are hard to break at all!