Hello all!

Started by Typhoon90, July 14, 2010, 05:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhoon90

After many years of successfully avoiding the ownership of an Alfa, I have found myself in the posession of a 90 2.5 Super.
I was on the lookout for a weekend fun car, something with good power to weight, good handling, good parts availability and fun. Low initial purchase price was also a huge factor.
Anyway, after looking around and watching the classifieds for a while a couple of 90's came up. I knew nothing about them, a read of the specs made buying worth a punt, so bought one.
They're a very nice little sedan, my one needs work, it's halfway through some major rust repairs which I'm doing at home.
Then there are a few minor mechanical issues to sort out, but it's all easy work.
Look forward to learning and hopefully sharing information etc.

Regards, Andrew.

dehne

welcome to the forum and also to the best ride of ur life
im guessing u got the white one from ebay it did have some nasty rust in that one
if you need any info or parts please let me know because have both in plentyful supply  ;D
what issue does it have
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Typhoon90

Yeah, I got the white one. Electrical issues are a non working power window(motor tries to move though, I suspect a good clean will work wonders on window mechanism, plus clean up wiring contacts) a light switch with a flaky contact (randomly turns on and off) driver's power seat height adjuster not working (like window winder, makes engagement sounds but not enough grunt to move). I might actually lock the driver's seat all the way down, I don't need it any higher than the lowest setting anyway, and I doubt anyone else would either.
Also needs the seat covers pulled off and resewn (zero cost for me).
Oh and the heater blower motor doesn't work, I suspect either a wiring/switch issue or resistor pack.
Oh yeah, the speedo consistently reads HALF actual road speed. I have no ideas on that one, but it's not critical.
Everything else seems to work well. I started a thread in the 160 platform forum.
The rust looked bad but it's all very easy repairs, easy to get to. Most of it is in areas that get covered up as well, so repairs don't need to be concourse correct to keep me happy, just strong and neat.

Regards, Andrew.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Typhoon90 on July 14, 2010, 05:53:07 PM
After many years of successfully avoiding the ownership of an Alfa, I have found myself in the posession of a 90 2.5 Super.

I was on the lookout for... good parts availability...

Sheldon McIntosh

But seriously, a lot of parts for these are very scarce, these are actually quite a rare car nowadays, particularly the Super. 

Dehne will have any part you need, as he seems to have about 10 parts cars constantly on rotation.  For manuals, go here...http://www.users.on.net/~craigf/   It's mostly 75 stuff (most of which is identical), but there are a few 90 specific items.

I may have a few parts lying around also, but probably nothing Dehne doesn't have.

Typhoon90

Well, I should've said MECHANICAL parts availability! :P

Regards, Andrew.