New Project

Started by alfagtv152, July 14, 2010, 09:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

I particularly like your approach to the electrics here. I have similar ideas forming for my "one day i'll make some progress" build.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

alfagtv152

Hi Martin,
Nothing wrong with the RED one,his name is easy to guess"Alfie",it's going good-Fastest Alfa at Mallala 4th July Supersprintwith a new PB of 1:24.63.
I have removed the rear bulk head in them both and enclosed the filler neck where it passes through the cabin.The RED one has a dash,window winders and the handbrake complete where the BLACK one doesn't have those features in an effort to make it lighter.
I am trying a few different angles on things with the BLACK one,the Engine is built to achieve it's power with high compression and high speed gas flows.I will be trying out 17 inch tarmack tyers and focusing on less weight.I did mention earlier that the BLACK ones name is JACK,get it?,but I was thinking something like"Fast Andrew's Racing Technology Services" for a team name,you can abbreviate it!. ;D :D ;)
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

alfagtv152

Hi Martin,
I forgot to tell you about the rear.It came out really good as luck would have it,the car came without a fuel tank and a friend offered me one out of a car that had been flushed off at the back which meant that the tank had already been cut back at the rear so all I had to do was remove the spare wheel holder and shape to fit a piece of aluminium across,just bolted it it on using the bumper bolt holes.
Cheers
Andrew

116gtv

nice work andrew, very impressive. is that your home garage with hoist? :o

alfagtv152

Yes that is my home workshop,I wouldn't be able to do much without the hoist.It is withuot a doubt the best money I ever spent!