Hi!

Started by muzzy66, July 13, 2010, 11:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzzy66

Hi,

I'm Peter, or Pete, or whatever is easier - i'm not fussed!

I'm 26, and just finished an IT degre at uni last year.  I have been working in retail sales for 5 years while studying, and a couple of months ago I finally got myself a job with an IT company.

I'm not an Afla owner...yet.  I actually drive a MK1 Mazda MX5 (1989) - now that the new company is making me full time, I'll be looking to buy a new car...and have decided it's going to be an Alfa.

I'm having trouble decided between a 147 GTA or a GT 3.2, and wanted to get some more information on the mechanical differences between th two...but I'll start a new thread for that.  For now, I just wanted t introduce myself and say hi! :)

116gtv

G'day Pete, and welcome. Either of the those two Alfas are unreal compared to its competitors of the same vintage. Find the right car and you will love it  ;)

david sammartino

147 gta if you want more of a sports car, gt v6 if you are after the "sleeper" option with the same basic underpinnings as a gta.

just my opinion, and im not biased (hardly), but a gta is the car you can buy and leave alone, with the gt, youll always be wondering about those little differences,  btw your gt, and the a, on the gta. dont get me wrong i love the gt's, they are damn sexy, just that also being 26, if it wasnt slightly modified, with wheels or suspension or whatever, it would feel like a more mature persons car in staandard trim. but you may also be after a more undertstated sort of car so thats also fine.

the gta is already done for you, you dont need to fiddle with it. the best would be to own a 147 gta for the sunday runs, and a gt to take the missus out during the week. but im only have way there  :)

muzzy66

I do prefer the looks of the GT.  While the 147 is sexy in it's own aggressive way, the GT is (IMO) one of the most stunning designs ever produced - timeless, and absolutely drop dead gorgeous.  Though both are extremely good looking, the GT makes me weak at the knees just from standing next to it!

The GT boot is also bigger and better suited to my future install plans (i'm abit of an audio nut), and the back seat also looks a little bit more spacious in the GT.     

Such a painful decision, because a GT with GTA mechnicals would be dead set perfect!  I guess if I had to choose right now my heart would lead me to the GT though.  Maybe a test drive of both will help me decide.

:)