1985 alfa romeo 33e

Started by brendonn, July 11, 2010, 12:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendonn

My son has just bought this car, ran ok for a few days however now find out it has blown head gasket could any one help me with approx. price to get this work done .and if the heads can be removed without taking the engine out of the  chassis ,please forgive for asking such stupid questions ,but would hate to see him waste his money
Vehicle is located South Coast nss 20 minutes south of Wollongong
Thanks for any replies

Andrew Bose

Hi Brendonn,

I have a couple of 33s but even the one with 538,000km has never been apart. Looking at it it would be a lot easier to to remove the engine and box as this is what I had would do to replace the clutch. Are you planning to have a go at it at home? If so look at the price of a second hand engine as it may be cheaper, check out the club sponsors for an idea of price. Also look at the thermo fan as the has to be a reason it blew the gasket in the first place. If your sons car is a 1.7ie pm me if you need any bits a have a few in the shed. Good luck.

Andrew

brendonn

Regretfully car is now for sale,my son did not want to spend any more money on it ,any idea of price as is with blown head gasket?

dehne

they go for acouple of 100 bucks but thats all dependant on what the rest of the car is like, how bad is the head gasket blow if its minor putting some sealent in cooling system and engine stop leak in oil might fix it enough to keep it going
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Fetta GTV

Hi Brendonn

Is the car still for sale? Got any pics?

Cheers
David
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb